Any better solution to handle email spams?

Remus

Antihero
For many years i had been using yahoo email account; and yes it has spam filter but quite often useful or legitimate emails accidently got diverted into spam folder. So i still end up looking up for any important emails in the sea of spams!.

Grr... i hate those 40 inches plasma screen adverts and something about lobster keep hitting my mail box.....

My best solution is having multiple accounts ... that way I can tailor my filtering.

But my best account is my .Mac one - with the Mail.app on the Mac OS X that learns based on what you do and don't report as spam. All of them are highly flawed ...

Like Mike said, multiple accounts. I have a "master" account and have various other accounts all set to forward to my master account, once one account starts getting spam I delete it. My webspace provider makes setting up fake forwarding-only accounts very easy. I heard once that Yahoo's pay alternative had something similar.

Multiple accounts:
1 standard account for the more important internet stuff (Amazon, RPGWatch, etc.)
1 private account for close friends and / or important business issues. Never post the address online!
1 throwaway account for forum registrations, newsletters, etc.
It helps to use services like Mailinator if you are sure you need an address only once.

Don´t use AOL or GoogleMail. Google is notorious for archiving everything and AOL even claims property on everything posted through their free email accounts.

Last edited:
Good idea. I remember i did own a Hotmail and google email accounts; probably due to the hassle to remember and keep weird passwords and usernames i created i never use them often... and then all forgotten. Maybe should create another yahoo's mail account. Hotmail any good now, any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom