Shadow Tactics - Release Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun has been released on Steam and GOG.

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun – real time tactics done right

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/418...
GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/shadow_tacti...

Features
- Comeback of a genre: Real-time tactics with stealth elements
- Ninja, Samurai, Geisha, Trapper and Sniper – five simultaneously playable characters with unique and versatile skills
- Challenging missions, worthy of a strategical mastermind
- Thirteen missions with a free moving isometric camera perspective
- Beautiful environments of the Edo period of Ancient Japan
More information.

Demo was superb.
Grabbing a GoG copy.

Almost everyone rating it seems to be comparing it favorably to Commandos.

My old bones just can't real time w/o pause in this kinds of games

Almost everyone rating it seems to be comparing it favorably to Commandos.
What is favourably?
Having replayed Commandos in this year, it belonged to an era when devs could pass down higher demands on skills than they can today. Hard to believe this product comes with the demand level on timings, squad coordination etc...

After watching some vids (only early missions), it seems the product compares favourably when favourably means a lower demand on skills.

13 missions?
One afternoon. Skippin'.

must buy
the market is so open to RTTs,
this was always my favorite game style, i feel a boom

Is this like Shinobi meets Commandos/Desperados?

Not only. The party is composed with two men, an elder and two women... in medieval Japan.

There is more to it.

Why is that ?

Because it has similar gameplay (but with ninja), and they think it's good?

What is favourably?
Having replayed Commandos in this year, it belonged to an era when devs could pass down higher demands on skills than they can today. Hard to believe this product comes with the demand level on timings, squad coordination etc…

After watching some vids (only early missions), it seems the product compares favourably when favourably means a lower demand on skills.

Favourably as in they played it, think it's a bit like Commandos, and many of them thought it was good. You're free to disagree, I haven't played it yet so I don't have any horse in this race - I was just noting general crowd reaction to the game so far. And yes, some did mention that they thought it was easier than Commandos.

This is a fantastic game, i dig the setting.
I was pleasantly surprised to hear asian accent in their english dialogues.

13 missions?
One afternoon. Skippin'.

Sure, if your afternoons last over 13 hours, as missions can take longer than an hour (really they're often longer than an hour and a half but maybe you'll want to boast of your elite skills so I'll pass on that), never mind replaying them to find better ways to do them (or simply to experiment or because you failed parts of them you weren't so elite in) depending on your goals (like ghosting, I don't know if that is specifically possible in all missions but the first mission has an achievement for it for example so it's doable in some).

Thief 1 "only" had 12 levels, Thief 2 "only" 15, they're still the best stealth games ever, worthwhile then and now. Also this isn't a full price title anyway. So yeah stop trolling.

Anyway, trolls aside, I hope they'll release some mod tools, it would be sweet to see fan missions for this kind of game the same way we've been having fan missions for the likes of Thief. I wonder if they've said anything about such a possibility *goes to search*.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom