The Outer Worlds - Story DLC in 2020

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Outer Worlds will get a story DLC in 2020 - Shyla said:

Greetings employees of Halcyon,

We want to take this opportunity to thank the incredible team behind The Outer Worlds. It is because of their hard work and dedication to this project that we received the Best Narrative, Best Performance - Ashly Burch, Best RPG, and Game of the Year nominations at The Game Awards.

To all of those who voted for us in The Game Awards, you are all fantastic and we are so grateful for your support. The reception to The Outer Worlds has been unbelievable to see, and even just being nominated means a lot. However, the journey isn't over yet as we are excited to announce that we will be expanding the story through DLC next year! Details will be made available at a later date.

Now we would like to allow our game directors to share a message with you all:

We just wanted to personally thank our team for doing a wonderful job and our fans for their tremendous support.

And Tim would like to say what an honor it was to work with me. - Leonard

Whatever, Leonard. Now that we've finished, I expect that certain photographs will be destroyed, as per our agreement. - Tim
More information.

nononononononononononononononononononononononononononono!

A complete sequel please!

I would prefer a sequel or an expansion. But maybe it will be a meaty DLC.

There will be a sequel, eventually. And "DLC" doesn't imply size. It could be of a size you would equate to an expansion. Or it could be small. We'll just have to wait and see.

New skins for the Unreliable!

Well butter my biscuit I thought Obsidian said it would have no story DLC?O_O

Well enough with the lingo I'll gladly buy it as I loved the game.

Last edited:
I love it too even though I got distracted midway through so I'll be buying the DLC too.

The primary problems I have with DLC for a good game are a) usually I have completed the game long ago and to get into it again just for a few more hours does not give me the immersion I would need to enjoy it, and b) often the value is not close to being what I would want which is at least 1 hour of fun for each dollar spent (US currency).

The Witcher 3's DLCs and Assassin's Creed Fate of Atlantis DLC got around these issues by being good value with a lot of good content, but almost always DLC just doesn't do much of anything for me.

Since I am waiting until it hits the "open" market anyway, I welcome any new content until then.

Yea witcher 3 set the model for 'dlc'. They were in many ways better than the base game. I appreciated the story being much more condensed - witcher 3 seemed to severely dilute the main story with all the side quests. I suppose the way to play might be to ignore the side quests but more than a few of them were very good self contained stories.

The primary problems I have with DLC for a good game are a) usually I have completed the game long ago and to get into it again just for a few more hours does not give me the immersion I would need to enjoy it, and b) often the value is not close to being what I would want which is at least 1 hour of fun for each dollar spent (US currency).

The Witcher 3's DLCs and Assassin's Creed Fate of Atlantis DLC got around these issues by being good value with a lot of good content, but almost always DLC just doesn't do much of anything for me.
Add please KCD to the list of awsome DLC. ;)

I do agree on the matter though. I have no desire to return to a completed game half a year later just because DLC. Unless I want to replay it, but DLC should not be the reason for that.
If it's standalone, sure, gimme. If it messes up the vanilla game, then please, don't, not anymore. Save it for the sequel.

I've not acquired this one as of yet, so now I know that if I'm lucky enough to get it as a gift this season or pick it up for myself to wait for the additional content to land before playing. If I remember right, this won't be hitting great old games or steam for some time, which is fine by me.

I've been playing this a bit over the last couple of weeks, and I'm just not getting into it. Not sure why. I like space settings, loved FNV, etc. I think part of it is the forced first person, and I'm just not getting that desire to explore as it doesn't seem very open-worldy.

Back
Top Bottom