Diablo 3 - Game Limits Re-Enabled

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Blizzard will be re-enabling Diablo III game-limits to fight bots and cheating. From the Blizzard forums:
In the near future, we'll be re-enabling the limit on how many games a player can create within a certain amount of time. We've further tuned and tested the conditions that trigger this limit to ensure, as much as possible, that it only affects those abusing the Diablo III game service in a way that violates the Terms of Use – for example, by using bots that create games in rapid succession.
The use of bots not only impacts the stability of the game service, but it also has an impact on the player-driven economy. While we regularly take action against accounts for the use of unauthorized third-party programs and bots, this additional measure will help us further preserve and protect the integrity of the game and economy in between ban waves.
Once this change goes live, we're looking for your feedback to help ensure that the limit is working as intended. If you encounter the "Input limit reached" message and feel you should not have, please let us know how many games you were creating and why. This information will help us ensure the limit minimally impacts legitimate players while still protecting the game against bots.
We'll continue to tweak the game limit as necessary, as well as continue to go after the few cheaters and botters that are out there in other ways. Our goal is to help ensure that Diablo III continues to be a fun gaming environment for all of our players, and we're looking forward to hearing your feedback on this change once it goes live.
We will update this post and unlock the thread once game limits are re-enabled.
More information.

I hope this will not be another nail to the coffin. I am really getting fed up with (my otherwise nice gaming experience in Diablo 3) being ruined by unexplainable lag and connection issues.

I haven't been following any D3 stuff .. .could someone explain? Why would people be playing multiple games at the same time ... well tons of them anyhow (for legitimate reasons)?

Are they talking about people who like to multi-bot in MMO's so they can group with themselves as a way to level faster? I recall some folks who had 2 computers who did that.

I haven't been following any D3 stuff .. .could someone explain? Why would people be playing multiple games at the same time … well tons of them anyhow (for legitimate reasons)?

Are they talking about people who like to multi-bot in MMO's so they can group with themselves as a way to level faster? I recall some folks who had 2 computers who did that.

People seriously botting often launch several virtual machines and set D3 running in each of them, so 4-8 simultaneous sessions on one machine isn't unheard of (they all run lowest settings and low resolution).

I don't know of a legitimate reason if you stick to the EULA.

However if they don't poll quickly enough it won't be simultaneous sessions they hit, but simply x sessions a minute or whatever - that could cause problems for people who are on flakey connections and might take several tries to establish a stable session.

Back
Top Bottom