Battle Brothers - Update 0.6.0.21

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Battle Brothers Strategy RPG is getting better and better:

Update 0.6.0.21

This week’s update adds the last batch of natural combat environments. With all terrain on the worldmap accounted for in combat, we can cross another item off of our list towards a finished game!

Swamps received a major overhaul for a much sleeker look, as you can see below. Picking a fight on hilly terrain on the worldmap now actually results in hills in combat, so there is now a benefit to retreating to hills or luring enemies there to make a stand. Finally, snowy forests now look appropriately, and mountains come with their very own new combat environment full of crags and ravines.

With all this done, we move on to work on adding more contracts, having locations like bandit camps being present on combat maps, and doing lots of UI work necessary before implementing certain new features. Because some of those items require longer periods of development and testing, we’ll transition again to have larger but less frequent updates to the game for a while. Depending on what we’re working on, it could be several weeks between those more meaty updates. We’ll keep you updated as we go along.

Changelog

• Added new swamp combat environment.
  • Added new mountainous combat environment.
  • Added new snowy forest combat environment.
  • Added new hilly combat environments for grassland, tundra, steppe and snow.
  • Changed ‘Swipe’ scenario to use the new forest environment.
  • Changed ‘Early Game’ scenario to use the new swamp environment.
  • Fixed mountains, snowy forests and shores on the worldmap not being linked correctly to their combat environments. Requires starting a new campaign to take effect.
More information.

If you like sandbox turn based strategic games with a touch of rpg this game deserves your attention.
For those who don't love EA : in its current state BB is polished and enjoyable (i have 200hours of gameplay).
One thing that makes it different from other EA titles is the quality of updates, devs have a clear idea of the direction they going with this game and each update just makes it better.

I've only put in a few hours to get a feel, waiting on the full release for a complete playthrough.

They Live is right though, for EA this is polished and playable now. Final game looks like it's going to be great.

how is the single player experience ? Hum single player only. Does it have a story or is it just a sand box that goes on and on forever ?

Last edited:
how is the single player experience ?

it's awesome, it's all about single player. Think about a 2d mount&blade with turn based combat and some unique "flavour".

ack updated my question without seeing answers; is this just an invite sandbox or is there an acutaly story - start -end - or is it a rouge with an end or ?

Also interested if this has a story from start to end.
Is is there a point where I can consider it completed.

In its actual state there is NO story or any story driven "end" it's a pure sandbox.

In future factions warfare is going to be added so there will be the possibility of a long term task : conquering the whole map under 1 flag.

For more informations i suggest to write on game forum on steam or http://battlebrothersgame.com/ cause i honestly don't know more on this point.

so glad to get more info on this promising looking game. on my wishlist already, and would be playing it already if not for my backlog of currently owned games queued up ready to be played.

Back
Top Bottom