C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
"Rampant transphobia." What do you bet that this take is based entirely on the ad that has been a topic of discussion for over a year? Meanwhile, Claire. Judgmental pricks don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Can't tweet at the author. Tweets are protected. They probably don't like pushback against their ill informed opinions and slander.

Tweeting back would be a waste of time anyways. It's just like leaving comments on articles. It's not going to change the author's opinion.

It's the first cyberpunk review I actually saw. Some issues he mentions I could live with, but others like the sound issues are not acceptable (if happening frequently). The comments on AI, environmental sfx, and character models also don't sound appealing.

From a business point of view it is a good decision to release it now. For us players they should have waited another year.

It's strange, I really thought tw3 was technically fantastic. It looked great and loading times were almost non-existent. I didnt encounter any bugs. Then I read here that it was a buggy mess on release. I played the goty edition with all dlc.

Edit: that being said, people around here are generally positive about it and i trust your opinions over anything else. I'm only talking about the technical aspects.

Edit2: might as well throw it here:
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37214/hotfix-1-06

They probably wanted to get the save game fix out the door before Christmas.

Well it's called a hot-fix not a full patch. Big difference in theory but not all the time.

Geez…they were probably better off waiting until they had some more fixes ready.
No.

Dum Dum fix is critical as it prevents the whole Kerry quest chain to appear plus stops another (journalist) sidequest from ever getting active.
I'm the victim of that bug but there was a workaround (revert to previous save, then you must not phone from Kerry's villa but from elsewhere).

Savegame corrupted bug is also critical, not everyone is selling/disassembling everything like I did. Many are hoarders.

Finished a couple of hours ago, wow, what an adventure that was. I'm lucky enough to have a new (ish) computer this year so my bugs/glitches were minimal. I will certainly be replaying it at some point as I was still learning stuff towards the end that I would like to use properly.

I wish there were more gigs and such in Pacifica. I really love the whole vibe of that place.

Also: Keanu Reeves is such a terrible actor. I like the character, but he's distractingly bad the whole time. It made for a neat reveal at E3 2019, but on balance I wish they'd hired a real actor for such a pivotal role.

Last edited:
Whelp it's official CDPR have been sued by investors.

Link - https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/24/22199252/cyberpunk-2077-cd-projekt-class-action-lawsuit-filed
After a rocky Cyberpunk 2077 launch earlier in December, publisher CD Projekt is facing a class action lawsuit for alleged violations of federal securities laws. The lawsuit was filed Thursday in a California court by New York-based firm Rosen Law Firm.

According to the suit, CD Projekt didn’t disclose enough information that Cyberpunk 2077 was buggy and “virtually unplayable” on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Specifically, the statements called out in the lawsuit are regarding the company’s claim that the game was “complete and playable” in January 2020, despite the game being delayed to September. In one instance, during a conference call announcing a further delay, CD Projekt president and joint CEO Adam Kiciński said Cyberpunk 2077 responded to worries concerning the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game. Kiciński told investors there was “no problem” with the versions, just optimization to be done, lawyers said.

Lawyers are seeking an unnamed amount of damages for investors. In the news release published Thursday, Rosen Law Firm — which specializes in “global investor rights” — asked investors interested in joining the litigation to contact the firm. Polygon has reached out to Rosen Law Firm and CD Projekt for more information.

I'm glad you provided the translation before giving us this text ;)

I know it's a question of practice, but legal texts are always a bit opaque, aren't they? Same for patents, and same in French. I suspect non-programmers must have the same feeling when they read source code.

Anyway, I hope it's not too bad for them! (meaning the defendants)

Maybe I'm just naive, but it seems to me that the best way to recoup value as an investor in CDPR is not to try to ruin the company you own stock in.

I guess, not unless you lost all faith in that company and want out. It's a shame regardless if this reaches a court of if CDPR settles out of court. Time and money wasted on this and not on the game. Hopefully the dev team are completely insulated from this.

Yeah see I sorta agree with the lawsuits when taken from an investor viewpoint. CDPR flat-out lied to them and cost money. Upper management should be hold accountable.

Unfortunately it will be the workers who suffer and not upper management.

A damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario for CDPR. Their stock went way down when they announced their last of three delays, which is their investors telling them they wanted it released. Then they release before the developers want to do so, and the investors are mad about that.

I don't know this whole debacle is a good case study for those in business management class. The board of CPDR needs to be hold accountable. One bad decision after another.

I already said I like the game but some of the board/upper management need to be fired. So I foresee some resignations along with a small settlement in the future.

Once again not the developers but the management branch. They make the decisions.

Careful.
When I said before (some) CEO is the one responsible and gets a fat paycheck to be responsible thus need to go when shit hits the fan, some people around disagree.

A damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario for CDPR. Their stock went way down when they announced their last of three delays, which is their investors telling them they wanted it released. Then they release before the developers want to do so, and the investors are mad about that.

That's the shitty thing about being on the stock market. The significant investors are a small number of opportunistic fuckers that only care about short term profits, as they'll don't give a shit what they buy and sell stocks in. And the market has taught them to expect endless increases in profit quarter after quarter. A company is only deemed fantastic to invest in if increases its share more than last time. And on and on. Until the end of time. With no regard if it's even possible. And it's all based on public perception of that company. It's almost like a ponzi scheme. :p They keep convincing people to invest, and at one point people in the know, will know when to short that inflated value and sell sell sell. Which crashes its value. With no regard to what that does to the company. This is the age we're living in, where finance is more lucrative than actual production. :(

Back
Top Bottom