Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Main Theme

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Redglyph spotted the main theme of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous:

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Main theme - Live Orchestra

Go with the chorus, symphony orchestra and Owlcat music composers and discover how music for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous comes to life!
More information.

It's nice! Not quite the "bombastic epicness" of Skyrims main theme song but still a very pleasant bit of fantasy invoking music. :)

This is probably my favourite kickstarter update so far for WotR :)

I remember playing WotR pre-alpha for the first time and the moment main theme started to play during the loading screen I went full fangirl mode and squeeee'd hard.

Loading time improved heaps for WotR so you never get to finish hearing the main theme so I just sit in starting screen now lol.

So far I love every single track I've heard in the game, especially the main theme and angel mythic theme. I do think music adds a lot to the game :)

It really fits the theme and the orchestra not only has instruments but also a choir, which adds another dimension and makes it complete.

In the recent games, the 3 main OSTs that marked me most is this one, Kingmaker and Divinity: Original Sin 2. Yeah, sometimes I just sit there, dreaming in front of the main menu and listening to the music ;)

(Mick Gordon made a great job with Doom Eternal too, but it's a completely different genre - both game and music. I haven't played this one)

I'll have to be a dissenter on this one. The theme is not bad, but I think it's a fairly generic bit of fantasy bombast. I thought the Kingmaker theme was better, and the D:OS 2 theme far more interesting than either of them.

I like less cluttered game themes, and this to me is cluttered and difficult to identify a tune that sticks in my mind - they seem to be aiming to something similar to BG2. Kai Rosenkranz tunes in the Gothics or Kirill Pokrovsky work in Divinity II are some of my favourites.

Cluttered? That's really not the adjective that would come to my mind, and the tune seems pretty distinct to me, but to each their own ;)

I wouldn't say bombast either, I think the theme is deliberately more epic to match the story and rhythm of the new game, so it is significant, but perhaps it's more difficult to find just the right balance in that style. Kingmaker had a completely different pace, and a similar, quieter theme would have sounded completely off with Wrath of the Righteous IMO.

Still, my preferred one would also be Divinity: Original Sin 2's main theme.

EDIT: I just realized, by listening to the OST of Kingmaker, that they had different music themes for the main areas, depending on the alignment :D I'd only heard the CG ones when playing. The tavern tracks really remind me of medieval festivals we had in town, so entertaining!
I'm usually not much into extra content, but the OST and the artbook are really quality items in this case, I hope it'll be the case of WotR too.

Last edited:
EDIT: I just realized, by listening to the OST of Kingmaker, that they had different music themes for the main areas, depending on the alignment :D I'd only heard the CG ones when playing.

Yes, the town music changes depending on your alignment and titled "Rule of <insert alignment>" - I really like all alignment tracks but in particular found rule of chaos and rule of good excellent :)

I think WotR music in general are better than Kingmaker because it feels like Owlcats have clearer vision and direction of the game as well as music :)

They announced no more game updates until April to allow them to focus on the new build and more content rather than small bugfixes.

Sounds a bit off-topic here, Pladio ;)

I just started chap 3 so I still have plenty more to get through :)

I think WotR music in general are better than Kingmaker because it feels like Owlcats have clearer vision and direction of the game as well as music :)
I haven't played it through yet, but it definitely feels that the role of the player is more focused and everything is more clearly connected. It's probably part of the story itself, but mainly it looks like they learned a lot from Kingmaker and could build on that. Let's hope they still have a few spells of Guidance to complete the crusade system (and that they don't feel compelled to release the game too early).

I'm reminded once again that, at some point, I really need to finish the first Pathfinder game!! Like, really.

Me too. I have played like 120 hours and it just doesn't end! They could have made two games out of it :lol:

Yep, epic.

Back
Top Bottom