HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Soulfire team is working on a big Gothic 2 mod: The History of Khorinis

GOTHIC IS BACK! The HISTORY of KHORINIS

Intro

The action of the History of Khorinis is situated on Vaduz Island, which is a part of the Kingdom of Myrthana, being an important center of trade, extraction and agriculture. On Vaduz we can find the huge town, many farms, mines, taverns, competitive merchant guilds, the Monastery of Adanos and so other interesting places, waiting for discovery. In the game we have an opportunity to play as Lars, whose life changes drastically as a result of a mysterious intrigue. A player will make a decision to which influential guild will join, deciding on his fate and his enemies. During the game, we will meet many characters from the world of Gothic and we will meet their history prior to the creation of the Barrier.

Features

• The world's first fan project with professional dubbing!
  • Vaduz Island — brand new world much bigger than the ones from previous versions!
  • Khorinis, The Valley of Mines and the Old Mine as you have never seen before!
  • Attention to the compliance with the story of the saga
  • Ability to use a shield
  • Many treasures to be found
  • Side quests
  • Humoristic elements
  • New guild, items and armors
  • Professional soundtrack, composed especially for the needs of this addon
  • New skills (advanced blacksmithing, cooking, etc.)
  • Hugh number of new PFX
  • and many more
More information.

Looks interesting though my Spidey senses are telling me they're going to get a cease and desist. Hopefully not.

Super impressive for a non-profit project. They will be allowed to do this, they have to. They are incredibly professional here and it would be a good look for PB to get some new hype for an already cult classic.

Please finish, please be good. :fingerscrossed:

I'm in. I (and Fluent) was just talking about this franchise and its greatness in another thread. It's kinda Karmic that news of this project comes out today.

Certainly hope it wont take years to finish !
Looking a whole lot forward to this one !

Looks interesting though my Spidey senses are telling me they're going to get a cease and desist. Hopefully not.

According to the FAQ, PB know about it and liked their FB page.

Project looks interesting, but nothing to be excited about for me until it comes out.

According to the FAQ, PB know about it and liked their FB page.

Project looks interesting, but nothing to be excited about for me until it comes out.

I did not know this. The project is interesting. Would love to see it get done.

The Gothic series especially the first two games will always have a special place in my heart. This looks interesting and the creators seemed committed to the project at least for now. I'm hoping this will be allowed to see the light of day and we can all play it when it's completed.

If PB is smart, they'll get involved and help out in some way. I'd love to see this published as an official Gothic game if it's good enough. I'd be more than happy to pay money for it.

Oh man. More Gothic. I'd love that. And yes, I wouldn't mind PB getting involved in some way, though I doubt they will. It would have been cool though, no doubt about it.

Nah. This team seems very professional and not quite doing the hobbyist route that a lot of these projects take. We'll see it within a year or two IMO.

The only thing better than having professional dubbing in the game would be *not* having dubbing in the game. What a weird thing to spend time and resources on.

I'm definitely a cynic about deep mods like this. I wouldn't comment on the likelihood of it being complete until they have a significant amount of content to show.

I'm commenting based on the video which shows a very high level of professionalism. I could be wrong in the end but this looks like something they are taking very seriously, which bodes well for it getting completed. IMO.

seems nice.
maybe in ten years…

Nah. This team seems very professional and not quite doing the hobbyist route that a lot of these projects take. We'll see it within a year or two IMO.

From their FAQ again, they have no release date in sight.

Our addon is in the condition of putting all elements together - we are rewriting scripts into game code, placing the characters to the finished world and adding the voice-overs instantly on the same stage. We do not throw any release dates, because we do not know it will last two months, or eight. There are approximated date, but there are many things, which are impossible to estimate

"Two months or eight" insinuates a release date that is not going to be ten years from now IMO. They also have an approximate date they are not sharing, so that tells me they have a real development cycle. So I am guessing a year or two.

Back
Top Bottom