Obsidian Entertainment - Teasing a new game

I really don't remember seeing anything like that, although it's probably in politically incorrect section which I don't visit often because of my crazy views on life and society.

Still, using one person as representative of a whole company is IMO illogical but everyone's entitled to their opinion. In my case, I did say Sawyer's "balancing" whatnot and other design decisions suck many times, but it doesn't instantly mean that the whole Obsidian sucks too.

But anyway, if someone wants to hate something, do hate for all I care as long as there is some logical reason behind it - I hate horsearmor and cutout DLC, pay2win/cheat microtransactions, lootboxes and season passes because I consider all of that as fraud business that hurts wallets in a way gamers are milked dry so they can't afford more great games. And I'm proud of hating it. :)

Considering TC made Fallout 1 which lead to Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics which also inspired Underrail I almost don't care to say something bad about him even if he murderers someone :D

Last edited:
This is slightly off topic, but, from my point of view, Christianity shouldnt try to push the "you are evil and you must repent" to a single group but to humanity as a whole and if people dont accept it, people shouldnt condemn them because that part is God's job and should rather focus on doing right by God.

nice list there, nwn3 would be fantastic news :please:

Not going to happen. Obsidian aren't keen on getting back to third party IPs and D&D games seem to have died out some time ago.

I will choose not to get too excited until we have more information. If I could choose I'd say Arcanum 2 would get me most excited, followed by Kotor 3 (won't happen, I know) or some new IP.

3rd person real time mainstream console title though? Well… no. Leave those to Bethesda, CDPR and Bioware please.

3rd person real time mainstream console title though? Well… no. Leave those to Bethesda, CDPR and Bioware please.

Why?
Didn't Obsidian already make FNV that was highly praised?
And it was done in a shitty engine.
Imagine what they could do in a better one.

... D&D games seem to have died out some time ago.

Wasn't this more a situation where the owners of Forgotten Realms became bastards to anyone wanting to license stuff? I know the later rules editions didn't appeal to the 'old school' fans, but I don't think interest in D&D games waned for any reason other than they all but disappeared due to licensing issues and court squabbles.

I would love to see a new game in this universe. Or a sequel, like BG or NWN.

Why?
Didn't Obsidian already make FNV that was highly praised?
And it was done in a shitty engine.
Imagine what they could do in a better one.

True of course, I stand corrected. I would still prefer "isometric" and party based though. (And to me Fallout NV is first person which I prefer to 3rd person, but your point is of course still valid).

I'm just not into the Obsidian style of gaming. I've never finished one of their games, though I backed Pillars, stupidly.

I have the CE sitting on my desk to remind me never to back one of their products again. I WOULD buy another Fallout collaboration, but that's it.

That sounds so strange. Their portfolio of games should have something for every type of rpg gamer.

That's exactly the problem.
I can love Eternity (sorry, I actually do), but I cannot force myself to even look at checkpoints based Alpha Protocol. Even if JDR says it's criminally underrated, I refuse to touch it until a modder, if it's even possible, fixes the outdated "this gadget has no storage" game design.

The portfolio where the base game design is so different with each title I cannot blindly buy something and still be sure I'll like it at least a bit, that portfolio IMO sucks.
Imagine Metallica (note that I'm am mentioning them because of their popularity) releasing also a hip hop album, pop album and reggae album. Wouldn't your reaction in each case be WTF?

While I hate checkpoint save system I thought alpha protocol was absolutely fantastic (it was also so so interface due to console crap). So technically it had a lot of negatives but it grabbed me none the less and I finished it wishing for more. Remember I also liked dungeon siege 3 so perhaps i am a minority and not a good judge of games.

Back
Top Bottom