Demons Age - Testers Wanted, Video and Screenshots

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Acoompanying the press release for Demons Age, here are fifteen screenshots and a selection of four of them

The launch video:

And they are also looking for beta testers from RPGWatch (more in the comments section).

More information.

We have been asked to see if we can round up some people from RPGWatch who are willing to beta test Demons Age and assist the developers in creating this game.

They are looking for a total of 6 players from RPGWatch who can play the game in the September-November timeframe. You will be in direct contact with the developers and you will find your credits in the game (if you want to).

We are looking for members from RPGWatch who have at least 30 posts done and are registered for at least a month. If you are interested, send me a PM.

Looks real interesting and made me think of nwn right away.
Shame I don't have the posts or the large amount of time you'd be expected to put in with so few testers.

I would love to apply if I knew I could be useful to them. They probably need people that can play for hours each day and I am not one of those. But I hope this game turns out decent and I want to play on release.

You need to be able to play the game in that given timeframe. Playing it daily is not a requirement. Being able to play it on a regular basis would be enough and providing feedback to the developers.

Isometric, turn-based rpgs are why I play games. I'd love to do it.

Looks pretty nice, i liked what i saw. I'll add this to my list of games to look out for.

Unfortunately i will be away at the time of the testing timeframe, that's a pity :)

MMM I could do it, even would like to try to be a real tester for once,
but with following a new course at the evening and work,
I will not have enough time with it.
Especially not if you consider I started ESO and like it, still need to finish The Witcher 2 and have 3 waiting for me :(

so guess I would be a fool to try to take that on too :p

Looks like it could be a very nice game indeed to play. One thing I did notice at the end of the video was "For PS4, Xbox1 and steam." So steam now means PC?

Looks like it could be a very nice game indeed to play. One thing I did notice at the end of the video was "For PS4, Xbox1 and steam." So steam now means PC?

It will be nice as more and more games like this come to consoles and not just PC. I must have 50 or more games on steam and gog. I own 2 for my PS4, Dark Souls:SotFS & Witcher 3.

Steam is 90/100th of the PC platform for games made in the classic "pay once" model - which is even marketed as a special feature nowadays. You can round this up mathematically correct. ;)

I'm pretty sure GOG will follow too, but for a small studio on a shoestring budget it makes a lot of sense to go for the biggest market first.

Sounds good, I have the time, and I'm a frequent beta-tester for games, so I'll send my PM as well.

I guess saying Steam instead of PC basically means that there are no physical copies of the game planned at this time.

Steam is 90/100th of the PC platform for games made in the classic "pay once" model - which is even marketed as a special feature nowadays. You can round this up mathematically correct. ;)

I'm pretty sure GOG will follow too, but for a small studio on a shoestring budget it makes a lot of sense to go for the biggest market first.

Just strange not to "Windows PC" on the tag line. I know I buy all my games now in some form of digital download from GOG or Steam.

As for the XBOX1 and PS4, I did play on my oldest PS4 a a bit of the TW3 and it ran very nicely. I am sure with the 5th gen consoles gaming PC's will be lest need if what I have read on the new play station is correct(release date 2018) I do believe.

I think I'm not disclosing too much if I tell you guys that the developers contacted us before the official announcement. The fact that they offer so few slots and such a long time before release hints that they're really looking for constructive feedback by experienced RPGers. Most big "beta tests" close to release are a marketing stunt with little influence on the actual game. Here there's still enough time to analyze the feedback, draw conclusions from it and make changes to the game. None of us can know to what extend this will really happen, but why not give a small developer the benefit of the doubt?!
So please only apply if you have enough time and motivation to play an unfinished game for a significant amout of time in the mentioned time period and provide honest without following an agenda.

I still have four weeks of holidays to use up before Dec this year. If you don't get enough people interested in doing this I would be willing to take a full week off and play it during the time line that they are looking for.

Also, be prepared to lose everything over and over. At this point of development, the games are not done and patches frequently require starting over from the very beginning. This isn't an early chance to play a nearly-finished game. This is work.

Back
Top Bottom