The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV - Released

Whew - I just finished ToCS III a week or so ago, going to need a break before diving into this one! :)

Aye, just wrapped up the third volume during the winter holidays so I'm in no mad rush to grab this one immediately, yet be aware it shall be mine! So many good games recently released that replaying classics is almost impossible these days, isn't it wonderful to have such problems? =)

Wish I had that problem probably play 10-15 new games a year at best. I'll probably go on a binge this week and replay the first three , and then play the fourth game.

All three in one week!?!?

I liked the first game but only liked it. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. It was fun enough but it was very much an old style JRPG with old style graphics.

I'll take that bet as I cheat and speed run. Last time I almost finished all three in one week. It helps that I don't need need to work anymore, and have plenty of free time.

Additional note, 3 free DLC (sample consumables) you need to add manually on steam.
So go to manage DLC and then you can add:
4HXZiqZ.jpeg

Whatta joke… WTF is this, NIS?

EDIT:

I've googled some more and I think some of it is important.

Unlike ToCS3 where you could shuffle bond points and max all character bonds in a single playthrough, this sequel goes retarded again. If you don't want to use NG+ clearsave I've linked above to get "unlimited" bond points, you can use cheat (fling trainer) for that. You don't have to use it for other stuff ofc, just to fix that rincerepeat annoyance.

Steam will check if you have first three ToCS games in the library and add you a few nice starting items.
It will load your savegame from ToCS3 and check your stats in it, based on that you get some really nice if you ask me bonus items.
This happens regardless if you used clear save I linked or not.

Last edited:
That's good information to know, Joxer, thanks! I'm not sure when I'll get around to picking up the fourth game, until then I'll have to pray my computer doesn't die so I don't lose all my saved data!!

Pretty sad actually that you have to use a third party cheat program to be able to complete the game in one playthrough.

And as I don't own ToCS 1 and 2 and didn't finish 3, guess I'll pass.

I'm hopeful that the bonding issue might get addressed in a subsequent patch or update. I never cheat at games yet I can understand how not being able to do everything on a solo run could be irksome to a number of folks. It's never caused me to suffer less enjoyment from playing the first three games to date, they are a pure blast and ones that I know I'll be replaying for years to come.

I'm playing for 10 hours now and have no issues so far. Grand finale of a great series.

I'm playing for 10 hours now and have no issues so far.
But I have and I am not alone.

The game on certain machines, not all, hammers the CPU so hard it gets to 100% which results in microfreezes/stutters. Regardless of settings.
Reported it on Steam and then a few more people said they have the same CPU horror issue.

Durante replied - the next game build will definetly have less CPU usage in general.

Regardless of this annoyance, I'm 4 hours in and so far it's fun.

Pretty sad actually that you have to use a third party cheat program to be able to complete the game in one playthrough.

And as I don't own ToCS 1 and 2 and didn't finish 3, guess I'll pass.

It's called making a choice! You choose who to bond with more. Not being able to bond with everyone makes the choosing of who to bond with an actual, meaningful thing.

I'm seeing a trend lately of calling games broken when they don't allow you to succeed at everything, make every roll, or do every little thing all in one playthrough. Don't people enjoy success more when there's a chance of failure? I do. Doesn't it appeal to anyone to have different playthroughs based on different choices? I'm 100% sure that used to be considered a plus.

Looks like Greenman are out of stock for now. If you're a Humble Choice subscriber, you can also buy it from Humble Bundle using Choice's 20% discount.

I'd agree with what JFarrell71 cited above, the earlier games had some serious choice and consequence options, I don't believe you were ever meant to double or triple dip into optional relationships. Make your choice, live with it, and move on.

I'd agree with what JFarrell71 cited above, the earlier games had some serious choice and consequence options, I don't believe you were ever meant to double or triple dip into optional relationships. Make your choice, live with it, and move on.

Or choose to play something else, and move on. That is also a choice.

I love making choices in games, but when it is clear that one choice would negate the other, not when it is a bait to slap the "replayability" tag on the game that actually has zero replayability except for the fact that you can choose to bond more with one NPC than other, and the rest of the playthrough is a carbon copy of the previous. I'm obviously not going to play through another 80 hours of the same game I already played just to see a couple of different dialogue choices and interactions.

I also highly dislike games that reward "loyalty", making me feel like I am the inferior citizen when I buy the game compared to someone who does own the previous installment. If I get less out of it than someone else, then my money is not worth as much as someone'e else, and I simply prefer not to invest it.

But I have and I am not alone.

The game on certain machines, not all, hammers the CPU so hard it gets to 100% which results in microfreezes/stutters. Regardless of settings.
An update.
Yesterday's patch fixed this. ;)

Back
Top Bottom