• Who cares

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
As the 29th of May release date will likely be missed (writing this on the 29th of May) what do you think will be the next release date?

It's like asking when the next World War will be :)

It's impossible to know if it'll happen - though it's certainly a possibility.

I would have voted "who cares" - but I'm actually a little curious about it.

So, I would need a "I have no idea" option to vote ;)

I'm sort of 50/50 between it being an elaborate hoax or just a very, very poorly managed project :)

Then again, I've been developing my own game for 15 or so years, and it's not like I'm anywere near done with it.

Added the 'I have no Idea' option. If you like I can move your vote. Although it would still show for you the one you voted for now in italic.

Added the 'I have no Idea' option. If you like I can move your vote. Although it would still show for you the one you voted for now in italic.

I didn't vote before :)

But thanks, I've now voted with the new option.

I'm sort of 50/50 between it being an elaborate hoax or just a very, very poorly managed project :)

Yeah it's tricky to know if it's a scam or incompetence. There was a working shell of a game some 20 years ago, which had some fleshed out areas in the very beginning and otherwise massive empty maps full of wandering monsters and not much else, and a mostly functional (though very basic) old school combat system fairly identical to Wiz7. So we know some very early form of the game existed at some point, although there is some speculation about where it actually came from . The demo and superdemo were clearly built by some fairly minor additions on this old shell. There are a couple of people who claim to have played a full game, but I don't know enough about them and exactly what they played to really consider that as proof it exists.

Overall though, given that the game is "finished", it would be extremely hard for even the most diehard supporter to defend it as not a hoax/scam if it's not released sometime this year.

Yesterday Cleve realized it definitely wasn't going to happen

GOLDEN ERA GAMES 8 hours ago said:
Can't go live on Steam if I have not been granted permission to go live on Steam yet. Sorry. We have to wait on Valve to approve us. I didn't know it would take a while but apparently it does.

followed by an apology just a few minutes ago

GOLDEN ERA GAMES 8 minutes ago said:
Sorry. Really thought with a month lead time I was expecting to get the Steam store page set up within a few days. Most of the complications came from having dual citizenship in two countries and making a mistake initially how to apply.

he also announces separate news that Indiegogo contributers, such as HiddenX, won't get their DRM free copy on release day

GOLDEN ERA GAMES May 26 @ 2:28am said:
The game will not be released DRM free before it is polished over the course of time for the backers. Releasing the game in any way but an orderly fashion over Valve's excellent distribution and patching system would be a mistake. The backers will instantly get Steam keys and when the game is released DRM free with accompanying manual and hint book, the backers will be the first to get their unique copies. Sorry but I am only one person and this is the wisest way to roll out the game.

Here's a question: when did we first start reporting on Grimoire? Was this asked already?

When did he first announce this game?

You realize that the "who cares?" option can be added to every poll and would always be popular, with votes coming in from those who are blind to the irony or in spite of it?

Who cares 4 40.00%

4 people (so far) don't care but have kindly taken the time to tell us about it. bravo.

In the first post, in 2007, I just love this one, and I quote : "Much that was a problem in 1998 is fixed now."

...a Steam store page? He's such a tease! :)
Still no price though I see.

Back
Top Bottom