Sword Coast Legends - E3 Trailer

There was quite a bit of blind faith going on ITT, which is a hallmark of fanboys. If this game used a different (preferrably original) ruleset, no one would give a rat's ass about this game yet.

There was quite a bit of blind faith going on ITT, which is a hallmark of fanboys. If this game used a different (preferrably original) ruleset, no one would give a rat's ass about this game yet.

Interesting theory with zero support.

All games have "fanboys" and "haters" attached.

We're on the Watch here, and I'm pretty sure any RPG with this kind of feature-set and profile would generate interest, regardless of what system is in use.

But it's an established and well-known system. It doesn't make people who like it into fanboys anymore than you into a hater because you don't.

Reason is key.

All games have "fanboys" and "haters" attached.

We're on the Watch here, and I'm pretty sure any RPG with this kind of feature-set and profile would generate interest, regardless of what system is in use.

But it's an established and well-known system. It doesn't make people who like it into fanboys anymore than you into a hater because you don't.

Reason is key.

Any game that promises multiplayer support would make Watchers gladly put down $35 for a preorder?

Because it has a D&D name and that brings certain expectations that this game has not fulfilled so far (they either told us it is working differently or don't want to talk about it).
It is especially problematic since we have not had a proper D&D game since NWN2.

If this was a generic party RPG with no connection to D&D, people would be more interested.

I agree. I feel what a real RPG gamer wants is something more hard core. This game was made to appeal to the casual gamer to make more money.

I would love to see some kind of cross between this and Temple of Elemental Evil from Troika. Graphics & DM play from Legends and turn based gameplay from ToEE, plus a deep story would do it for me.

Back
Top Bottom