Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Kickstarter Update and new Partner

Sadly, people have been fairly offensive since the interwebs first debuted. They feel safe and comfortable tucked away in Mum's basement, though if you invite them over for a personal chat, they always decline. Or at least that was my experience after handing out some invitations in the eighties and early nineties.

Oh, and if someone would be kind enough, please invite Purple back to grace us with her presence. It hurts when we lose an actual contributor.

And it really feels incredibly spiffy when they return home!
I passed your message, she appreciates it a lot and says 'hi' :)
But not ready to come back.

Maybe one day, let's not lose hope.

It's a strange idea. Are many RPG players vinyl enthusiasts?

I thought exactly the same.

Maybe someone of the devs is/are or/and someone from the community got a loud voice ?

You can find most of her posts on their discord channel, and their official forum.

She is actually active there somewhere.

I currently have *huge* problems getting audio cassettes.
I mean, I want to put EPs of a certain group into one long play … So that I don't have to chance CDs every 20-30 minutes …

She does? That's curious indeed. Perhaps she doesn't have the same expectation over there.
I can verify that as well. I'm a lurker on the codex. :biggrin:

I never bothered to create an account on the codex. I saw a few threads when I looked it up and it was enough to convince me that wasn't my thing. If I want to read long arguing threads I just have to head to the Steam forums and it quickly passes ;)

It's not the arguing part, but the tone.

Perhaps it's interesting sometimes, to check news and other feedback.

lol, it does call into question the picture of an ultra sensitive, poor innocent soul leaving "meany" rpg watch if they feel comfortable posting on rpg codex -- talk about a toxic atmosphere in comparison...:biggrin:

Use FRAPS or a similar program to see what your framerate is in the menu. If your GPU use is due to a really high framerate, forcing vsync might help. It's a common issue in Unity Engine games.

Just an FYI, GeForce experience and steam overlay also have FPS counters. :)

The Codex can be very helpful actually, you just have to ignore the swamp and walk on the roads with railings and heavy boots.

I find their non-RPG section to be ok, and I'll occasionally comment on certain games. Threads about shooters and other genres tend to have a lot more participation over there.

I quite like Purple and her contributions.

That said, she's clearly a sensitive person with a somewhat unfortunate tendency to go all-in in support of what she loves, whilst not being too great at handling opinions that go counter to that.

I would say that the Codex is a little different, because you sort of have to NOT invest yourself on an emotional level. At least, that much seems very clear to me.

It's got this vibe of a nerd-version of a male prison. You sort of have to pretend you're cool - or you'll get destroyed, if you know what I mean?

The Watch is much more diverse - which I really like about it. We have some extremely pleasant and obviously sympathetic people around here - and there seems to be a lot more room for going beyond "l33t RPG talk".

Which is obviously dangerous if you don't handle criticism and the less sensitive approach when it suddenly pops up - well.

For my own part, I know I can be very abrasive - even though I'm quite the pleasant fellow IRL (promise!). So, I'm sure that sort of thing can be a factor as well.

If I'm not entirely mistaken, Eye had a similar reaction at one point. Which is equally unfortunate, because I quite liked her and her contributions as well.

Last edited:
My perception is that much is lost in translation when a message is posted. We know that most of the content is in the tone of the voice and the body language, not the actual words, and that content is not in a written post. It's too easy to write something that looks abrasive, or to misinterpret humour as something abrasive. Or to have both at the same time.

It's clear that a misunderstanding is easy after seeing a comment such as the one I had quoted above (to be honest, I don't even believe there was any misunderstanding in this case, someone was just being bitchy).

That being said, I don't see why it should be a one-way effort; it's a bit too easy to trash someone else's post and expect that to be "well-handled" by the other. If you know that someone cares for something and is more sensitive, perhaps it pays off to adapt the message somewhat. After all, that's what people try to do IRL, where the risk of misunderstanding is lower.

Adapting the communication by both parties is actually a very interesting problem in companies, and people are trying to increase the awareness of this issue more and more often.

My perception is that much is lost in translation when a message is posted. We know that most of the content is in the tone of the voice and the body language, not the actual words, and that content is not in a written post. It's too easy to write something that looks abrasive, or to misinterpret humour as something abrasive. Or to have both at the same time.

It's clear that a misunderstanding is easy after seeing a comment such as the one I had quoted above (to be honest, I don't even believe there was any misunderstanding in this case, someone was just being bitchy).

That being said, I don't see why it should be a one-way effort; it's a bit too easy to trash someone else's post and expect that to be "well-handled" by the other. If you know that someone cares for something and is more sensitive, perhaps it pays off to adapt the message somewhat. After all, that's what people try to do IRL, where the risk of misunderstanding is lower.

Adapting the communication by both parties is actually a very interesting problem in companies, and people are trying to increase the awareness of this issue more and more often.

I see where you're coming from, and I can't deny there's merit to it.

On the other hand, I think there's something to be said for being able to accept that we all have different tastes for different reasons - and I even think there should be room to mess around with each other because of it.

Of course, if it becomes overtly unpleasant or willfully mean - that's another story.

But I'm willing to bet that most people are less mean and unpleasant than they may seem.

At least around here.

Back
Top Bottom