What are your top 5 games on your wishlist ?

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Out of random curiosity and potentially to help people find new games.
Share your top 5 games on your wishlist and why you look forward to buying/playing them. They can be released already or not.

Note, I am limiting to 5 because some people including me have dozens of games and just listing game names out without context feels a bit useless to me.

• Elex 2 - I have enjoyed almost all PB games and this includes Elex. I love the exploration and this is a definite buy for me. I don't play these games for story, but rather for fun exploration and a definite feeling of character progression (Killing those scavengers in one swoop in Gothic 1 was very satisfying :p)
  • Encased - This looks like one of those games that I should theoretically love as it's the classic turn-based RPG with different build paths and different ways around problems.
  • Wildermyth - Highly recommended turn-based battle game with lots of unique features.
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - One of those games I'm unlikely to ever finish, but would probably enjoy a lot for the time I do spend in its world.
  • Greedfall - Not hundred percent certain about this one, but seems like a PB-like game in many respects to me even though it may not be. So wanting to try it out.

Only two on my wishlist at the moment, Elex 2 and the Chronicles of Myrtana TC for Gothic 2. I think I'm going to be all PB for the near future.

First games in those series were top notch :biggrin:

pathfinder sequel - had no expectations from the first game but it was awesome and had me going for 100h, so probably will be the same for the sequel

baldurs gate 3 - same as the above game, i love crpgs and knowing that larian can make good games, i expect 100h+ from this one as well

gothic remake - first gothic was one of the first rpg i ever played all the way back in autumn 2004, first gothic and morrowind paved the way into the rpg area for me, so first game has a special place

elex sequel - i really liked the first game, PB games have a certain feeling and i really love them because they didnt get rid of the janky feel and kept making games the way they liked it and not the mainstream way

dying light sequel - first game was fantastic and very atmospheric, it was definitely the surprise of the year back in 2015 i believe, spent many hours and several replays, i only hope it will be good with all the troubled development

edit my steam wishlist has little over 200 games but really really want probably around 30, see 2nd pic

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited by a moderator:
In no particular order:
  • Expeditions: Rome - It would be the first of the series for me. The numerous posts on the design of the game, the historical elements and some videos on gameplay have convinced me.
  • Mechajammer - I have bought the game but I'm waiting a little bit. Pixel art is not my cup of tea, but there are other features that tempted me.
  • Urban Strife - I enjoyed the demo, the tactical elements were fun and convincing, I hope the story is developed enough.
  • Broken Roads - I like the style, but I'll wait for a review after it's been released before committing.
  • Weird West - I've always enjoyed Arkane Studio's games, and some of the spirit is there, mixed with new elements. The gameplay I've seen, with stealth and the interactive environment, was convincing enough. I'm a little skeptical about the handling in "isometric" mode for that sort of game, but we'll see.

Couldn't stop at 5

1. Elden Ring - it's no Bloodborne, but I am excited
2. ELEX 2 - haven't yet played ELEX 1 (but I'll support anything PB develops)
3. Gothic 1 Remake - I'm genuinly curious how this'll turn up
4. Pharaoh: A New Era - I loved the original Pharaoh, though I prob. won't have time now
5. FAR: Changing Tides - Loved the first FAR game. A simple game with lots of heart
6. Uncharted 4 - A roller-coaster of a game this time with proper aiming on m&k
7. God of War PC - Nuff' said.

1 - Elden Ring
2 - Dying Light 2
3 - Starfield
4 - Victoria 3
5 - TW: Warhammer 3

If I thought Bloodlines 2 had a shot at ever coming out and/or being good, that would be in there.

[*]Greedfall - Not hundred percent certain about this one, but seems like a PB-like game in many respects to me even though it may not be. So wanting to try it out.

Every time I say this I'm told I'm dead wrong and it's "like a Bioware game", but it is very much like a PB game.

Here a two lists. The first are 5 games I want now but I'm waiting for them to hit a certain price-point, and the second are unfinished games (not buying until they are).

Buy when it's cheap enough:
1)Grim Dawn Complete (<$20)
2)Titan Outpost(<$15)
3)Trouble Shooter(expect to see in a bundle)
4)Outer Worlds Mandatory ... (<$15)
5)Greedfall Deluxe (<$10)

When it's complete:
1)Starfield
2)Cyberpunk 2077
3)Baldur's Gate III
4)Elex II
5)Dying Light II

Monster Hunter: Rise - no longer too hyped since it seem to be a step backward from MH: World but will still pick it up
Expeditions: Rome - Ex: Viking showed potential so keeping an eye on it but still a bit skeptical
Encased - would be my first Fallout like game experience
Broken Roads - sounds interesting + its being developed by Aussies :)

Last edited:
If you mean something like a Steam wish list ... well I use that list for multiple things. It isn't just games I really want that are not released yet, it is also for games I might consider if I hit a lull in other games I prefer to play and need to fill some time. It is also used for future games I am unsure about and need more information on.

The majority, however, are filler games for when I have no favorite game to loose myself in or need a break from a favorite.

That being said from my Steam list these have the most interest for me either way:

- Wartales

- Lost Eidolons

- Shieldwall Chronicles: Realm of Madness (big question mark as I know very little about it but looks interesting)

- Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms (another mostly unknown)

- Spellcaster University

Also Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness, Spellforce Recast, Cloudpunk, and Gamedec.

At this moment I am only waiting for two games:
Elex 2
Horizon Forbidden West for PC (whenever that will happen)

TES 6
Starfield
Elex 2

In that order, but will definitely be playing them in the reverse order

Hmm…tough call as I played every recent RPG.

So lets see mine will be games released next year.

1. Starfield
  2. Elex II
  3. Dying Light II
  4. Lost Eidolons
  5. Expeditions: Rome
  6. Urban Strife
  7. Broken Roads
  8. Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness
  9. TW: Warhammer 3
Yep more then five but I don't have much of a backlog and a bunch of free time.

Last edited:
1. Elden Ring
2. Bleak Faith: Forsaken
3. Wasteland 3
4. Cyberpunk 2077
5. Elex II

and forgot about this: Suicide Squad - kill the justice league

If you mean something like a Steam wish list … well I use that list for multiple things. It isn't just games I really want that are not released yet, it is also for games I might consider if I hit a lull in other games I prefer to play and need to fill some time. It is also used for future games I am unsure about and need more information on.

The majority, however, are filler games for when I have no favorite game to loose myself in or need a break from a favorite.

That being said from my Steam list these have the most interest for me either way:

- Wartales

- Lost Eidolons

- Shieldwall Chronicles: Realm of Madness (big question mark as I know very little about it but looks interesting)

- Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms (another mostly unknown)

- Spellcaster University

Also Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness, Spellforce Recast, Cloudpunk, and Gamedec.

Not being very prescriptive as to the where the list is coming from. Mostly wanting to know most anticipated games and why personally. But you can use it as you want.
Why are these the games you have most interest in though ?

At this moment I am only waiting for two games:
Elex 2
Horizon Forbidden West for PC (whenever that will happen)

TES 6
Starfield
Elex 2

In that order, but will definitely be playing them in the reverse order

Hmm…tough call as I played every recent RPG.

So lets see mine will be games released next year.

1. Starfield
  2. Elex II
  3. Dying Light II
  4. Lost Eidolons
  5. Expeditions: Rome
  6. Urban Strife
  7. Broken Roads
  8. Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness
  9. TW: Warhammer 3
Yep more then five but I don't have much of a backlog and a bunch of free time.

Steam wishlist?
1. Elden Ring
2. Lost Ark
3. Endless Dungeon
4. Alaloth
5. Baldurs Gate 3

1. Elden Ring
2. Bleak Faith: Forsaken
3. Wasteland 3
4. Cyberpunk 2077
5. Elex II

and forgot about this: Suicide Squad - kill the justice league

Why those games ? :)

Why those games ? :)

Starfield - It's a Bethesda game and the new setting intrigues. Especially the early space exploration. As most sc-fi RPGs put you in a role in an advanced age.

Elex II - Yeah I criticize PB for many reasons but I do enjoy there games. Elex was actually the first game since the Gothic series that brought back that past flame.

Dying Light II - Not an RPG but Dying Light was a very good zombie game. It was a better version of their past game Dead Island. Hope the delays benefited the game.

Lost Eidolons - At first I was wary as it's a Korean developer, but the team was quick to respond to any questions. It reminds me of a few PS One TB RPGs.

Expeditions: Rome - Enjoyed the last game, and I love the ancient Rome setting.

Urban Strife - The game is what Dead State should have been Enough said.

Broken Roads - Another Fallout clone but with an Aussie spin.

Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - A BG clone and I was backer.

TW: Warhammer 3 - Big fan of all past TW games. No other TB/RTS strategy game comes close. I don't enjoy all the DLC they pump out. Especially paid DLC for blood.

I'll add one more.

Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms - It's your usual isometric RPG with RTwP combat, but the developer promises a more robust combat inspired by Dark Souls.

The only problem is very slow development and I doubt it will release next year.

Most anticipated that I might actually play in 2022. (The Invincible and Mount & Blade 2 have me excited, but I really doubt they will be played in 2022.)

Horizon Zero Dawn: popular game, nice graphics, should be fun stuff

Wildermyth: New ideas - can't miss that!

Solista: hoping the DLC will be done next year! Looks like fun, turn based goodness.

Yakuza 3: I'm playing one a year.

Either Disco Elysium or Persona 4 Golden, both of which I should have played by now.

Between X4:Foundations and Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children, I'm getting far behind my wish list. How many more minutes until I retire!?

TW: Warhammer 3 - Big fan of all past TW games. No other TB/RTS strategy game comes close. I don't enjoy all the DLC they pump out. Especially paid DLC for blood.

You may not enjoy that they release a lot of DLC, but enjoying the game but not enjoying the DLC makes zero sense. The DLC is just more of what makes the game good. The blood thing is like $3 and easy to ignore.

Back
Top Bottom