Greedfall - Story Trailer and September Release

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A story trailer for Greedfall which will release in September.

[E3 2019] GreedFall's Story Trailer is here: forge your destiny in a mysterious new world GreedFall, the latest RPG from Spiders, invites you to explore the magical island of Teer Fradee in its E3 Story Trailer. Emphasizing freedom and player choice, forge your own destiny when GreedFall releases in September 2019 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Today's trailer dives into GreedFall's epic story and setting, as settlers, mercenaries and treasure hunters depart the old continent to converge on a remote island seeping with magic - rumored to be filled with riches and lost secrets. On the hunt for a cure to save your home continent from a devastating disease, you find yourself in the middle of ever-increasing tensions between the invading settlers and the local natives protected by supernatural Guardians, manifestation of the island's magic.

You can progress and succeed in quests through a multitude of paths. Whether utilizing combat, diplomacy or deception, the way you reach your objectives depends on your choices and how you choose to develop your character. The island of GreedFall is a living, ever-evolving world. Your actions, from seemingly trivial choices to the most important political decisions, will influence its course and, ultimately, shape your story. GreedFall releases September 2019 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Steam page and wishlist option are now live!
Thanks porcozaur!

More information.

Can't wait to play. Have to admit I was surprised as news was scarce.:boogie:

Yep, looks great to me. It's another example of smaller studios taking up the sort of games that are being abandoned by the big publishers.

Tentatively excited for this one. Spiders past games seem to have a sheen of rough gem to them so with an increasing budget and experience I’m hoping they’ll search the BioWare itch, what with BioWare having died and all.

The setting for this game is really intriguing, and I've enjoyed Spiders earlier games. Looking forward to playing it!

I have an unhealthy obsession with Spiders RPGs. They're Piranha Bytes-lite to me lol

That's the way I think of Spiders' games, too....like the Risen games, but they don't really hit that bar for me. Not sure why I'm so intrigued by this one exactly -- and hopeful beyond the evidence -- that this one will clear the PB bar for me. The game's setting is going to be a big part of it, and hope is a powerful force.

Risen had much better graphics than this. :)
I love the trailer though. Of course I'm buying the game, hopefully it won't respawn trashmobs at the same spot you have to pass through dozens of times like Technomancer did.

hopefully it won't respawn trashmobs at the same spot you have to pass through dozens of times like Technomancer did.

Hard to tell but this game should have big open maps, much bigger than Technomancer. So I expect that some respawn will be there. On the other hand you could probably easily go other way and avoid some fights. There will be also fast travel system so you could again avoid trashmobs more easily.

Steam page:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/606880/GreedFall/

Some other details like language of Natives etc (its translated):
https://translate.google.cz/transla...&tl=en&u=https://www.farflame.cz/clanek17.htm

I am watching this one closely as it is very high on my list. Enjoyed the trailer.

Looking forward to this. I enjoyed mars but not so much technomancer, so it could go either way i guess.

Well it has a bigger budget and is inspired by Dragon Age:Inquisition.

What's not to be optimistic about?o_O

I have an unhealthy obsession with Spiders RPGs. They're Piranha Bytes-lite to me lol

Piranha Bytes games are much more exploration centric. But Spiders games are story centric, full of cutscenes, linear RPGs. Like Bioware but not have that huge budget. I describe them as poor man's Mass Effect. I hope they make something different with Greedfall.

I have never heard of this company but now I'm hyped for them. So, great -- my 40 game queue is now a 45 game queue.

What's not to be optimistic about?o_O
There is one thing only: it's not rated M.
Okay it's not rated yet, but the rumor is it'll be PEGI16. Meh.

Back
Top Bottom