Kingdom Come - A Woman's Lot Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wccftech checked out the Kingdom Come Deliverance DLC: A Woman's Lot:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance A Woman's Lot Review - Mixed Bohemian Bag

A woman's lot in the 15th century Bohemia wasn't great. Unfortunately, The latest DLC for Kingdom Come: Deliverance isn't that much better either. The fourth installment of DLC for Kingdom Come, A Woman's Lot ties together the few loose threads of the main story and the siege of Skalitz. Obviously, this review might feature some Kingdom Come: Deliverance spoilers, so be warned.

Beginning when you speak to Theresa in Rattay, you are flashbacked to her former life in Skalitz, where according to the game's description you get to experience a slice of "ordinary life" in the small town. The problem is, ordinary life is incredibly tedious, though if you've played Kingdom Come: Deliverance before you already know the deal. When I'm looking to sink my time into an immersive simulation, I'm trying to escape my chores, not do someone else's. The work is menial, repetitive and frustrating and has absolutely no pacing to it at all.

[...]

While Johanka's story is interesting, albeit with plenty of boring sections scattered throughout, Theresa's 'ordinary life' is so dull it made me want to do my own chores more than play a video game.

Score: 6.9/10
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Due to extreme temeperatures over here I'm not playing anything for weeks already and because I was on South Park 2 etc didn't touch KCD replay. I do have air conditioner working like crazy 24/7, but subconsciously I know it's 40+°C in reality thus I can't go some physical activity, instead I'm passively meditating over movies and series.

Which means I can't confirm the DLC is grindy. Yet.

One thing gave me an eye cancer in that review, and it's this bullshit statement:
When I'm looking to sink my time into an immersive simulation
KCD is RPG. Not whatever meaninglesness.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Theresa's story. There was a lot of running between spots, but it also had a couple of emotional moments and one particular cutscene is so well done, it became one of my all-time favorites ever.

I enjoyed Theresa's story. There was a lot of running between spots, but it also had a couple of emotional moments and one particular cutscene is so well done, it became one of my all-time favorites ever.
That sounds intriguing...

Back
Top Bottom