|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Conan Exiles - Currencies, Map Room and More

Default Conan Exiles - Currencies, Map Room and More

March 21st, 2018, 11:37
MassivelyOP reports on the changes coming to Conan Exiles based on a recent developer stream. Also of note are the new forums for the game which you can visit here.

If you missed last week’s Conan Exiles stream, you actually missed some good stuff. The big news centers on the economic system en route for the game. Funcom explains that players will be able to find and trade – and even forge – different types of coinage and currencies, as well as trade with NPC merchants and thrall-traders, chiefly in the Unnamed City, which is due for quite the overhaul with new NPCs. Fast travel will also be possible via craftable map rooms.

[…]

loading…

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

March 23rd, 2018, 18:06
Nice graphics and very watchable map structure!

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

March 23rd, 2018, 18:13
No new dick/boob stretching options?
Disappointing.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)

March 23rd, 2018, 18:15
You know Joxer you complain about that stuff in the Witcher but here you are looking for it?
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 23rd, 2018, 20:44
If there turns out to be anything worthwhile in the single player version, I'll be getting it at some time. If it's just another online game, I'll just be taking a huge pass on the whole affair.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

March 23rd, 2018, 20:55
This game just sounds like a big failure waiting to happen. Dunno.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

March 23rd, 2018, 21:20
Well, with Funcom's lackluster success list (looks pretty empty to me), I'm not exactly holding my breath on this one being any different. I'm open to being massively wrong, though!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

March 24th, 2018, 16:25
The product is already a success. They are the company that made the most of the streaming scene to spur sales. It worked very well.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

March 24th, 2018, 16:43
I wouldn't agree, in my cadre of friends and associates, Funcom doesn't enjoy the best of reputations. Most people over the age of five can tell quality when they see it, or the lack thereof. I love Conan and the universe he and his friends inhabit, but I'd really have to hear some positive affirmation about this game from people I trust before I'd spend a cent on it.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

March 25th, 2018, 13:08
Quality sells now. What a piece of news.

Now TW3, because it sold, is quality. Or the GOTY of this site, because it sold, is quality.
--

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

March 25th, 2018, 15:11
@ChienAboyeur
I agree Exiles is a success, but I disagree that it is quality. As Bylos (Exiles developer) explains below, quality was not their goal.

The team discovered that if they made a survival game that was only moderately successful, the company would be able to climb out of debt. "These games sell a lot, but they're not that high quality." Bylos explained. "We could definitely hit that bar."
They were extremely happy when streamer all went to create their naked characters and bounce around with real time physics.. quality stuff.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2018, 13:43
The quote is gold. Basically, to explain the poor quality level in their product, they characterized similar products as intrinsically poor.
Convenient as convenient.

They took a lot from from ARK and that one was from release on a different quality level. Streamers keep playing it and communities are organized around it.

It can be said that ARK is poor. It can also be said that ARK and Conan are as poor.
Everything can be said. Even that streamers keep playing Conan with the same enthusiasm as when just released.
--

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Conan Exiles - Currencies, Map Room and More