Interesting update on Bards Tale IV

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
It seems that they are responding to some of the beta tester comments. Specifically the one I highlight is increasing the number of mastery slots from 3 to 4 due to comments. The full update can be found here for those who are interested:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv/posts/2256701

(they also increase the speed in which you fill out your companions (not sure I personally liked this change though a lot of folks whine about it)).

I completely do not agree with all the changes that they are talking about doing, but I'm really impressed that they are actually listening and responding to feedback. I may not agree with all that they are changing, but much respect goes to them for caring what people think about their product.

That's all fine and good. But are they going to fix the Tron combat grid. It bothers me so much. I'm not even sure why it bothers me this much. But I honestly hate how it looks in a fantasy setting.

Yeah, I see what I mean and felt similarly when I first saw in a trailer.
When I played the game however it never really felt as alien as I thought it did when I saw the trailer.

Guess that's something which should be easy to mod out if really required.

I really don't get why they feel this visual is even necessary. Then again, I'm not a game builder or anything, it just seems to me they could have gone with something a bit more atmospheric.

I suspect they know exactly what they are doing; it just that some people don't like it. I believe I understand the motivation and while I have seen the other games do it differently at the end of the day it doesn't bother me much but I can see why others might find it distracting or distasteful.

It's because they don't really know what they're doing.

Back
Top Bottom