Tabula Rasa for Free - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » Tabula Rasa for Free

Default Tabula Rasa for Free

December 26th, 2008, 06:19
You can now download Tabula Rasa for free and play. After WAR I've had enough of MMOs to last me awhile, but thought you guys might like to try it before the servers go down.

http://www.fileplanet.com/195728/190…ient-(Free-MMO)
--
Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

December 26th, 2008, 20:52
I already saw it today, but the waiting time seems to be relatively long.

I've seen over the last few weeks even a few speciemens of the CE; maybe I should look out whether I can find it for cheap now.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

December 26th, 2008, 21:39
Hellgate ends too - in a months time. I need to play these both before the servers close. TB CE will then go into my LB collection to gather dust.
--
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

MyBabyAndMe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

December 27th, 2008, 18:01
I have both of these … but it was interesting to be in Circuit City the other day and see both selling at full price …
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

December 29th, 2008, 03:49
yeah i got myself a free acc a few days ago, having a real blast! totally love the pace in this game ..almost no downtime, take on LOTS of enemies at the same time! use crafting to modify any item. cool armors and weapons, nice areas.
its really a shame that this game is shutting down, the only area where i find it lacking is the skill selection.
there was some nasty bugs in the beta, which also lived thru to launch ..thankfully they seem all gone now!

dyze

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 8th, 2009, 23:37
Is there any interest in kind of an online meeting ?

I read that the free play starts January, 10th, so this is when I'll start it (have already installed the game from that link from above).
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

January 13th, 2009, 17:36
The fileplanet page from above says that one could "request a new serial code from the game at the NCSoft support site".

How do I do that ? I don't seem to find any thing regarding that …
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

January 13th, 2009, 17:56
Well, I installed the client, and it sent me to this web page:http://www.rgtr.com/news/latest_news…more_free.html. It seems like you have to register an account with PlayNC, and then use that account to ask for a serial through the link on that page. I haven't tried it myself; it's early semester and I don't really have time for it right now.

MaskedMan

Watcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

January 13th, 2009, 22:28
An update: Yes, you just need to register there at the knowledge base/support (at least I've done so), and you only need to ask for a serial number for the game.

You then get e-mails (in my case 3) which contain informations - and a serial number.

Plus, there is an additional information in one of the e-mails which I quote now:

When creating your Tabula Rasa game account, you may be asked to enter your credit card, as game accounts usually require a form a payment when activating. However, if you are asked for a credit card, your credit card will not be charged. Once your game account is activated, you may play the game for free until the service ends (February 28, 2009)!
I wonder how this might work, since i never had a credit card and don't have one right now.
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

January 16th, 2009, 14:29
It kept updating for several hours and reached 1 % progress , so I gave up.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

January 16th, 2009, 14:56
ok yeah so,
the process of getting a key is really weird. first register an account here:
https://secure.plaync.com/cgi-bin/qu…r=sFFwepZ80ei8

then you need to either email, or use their questions funtion to actually contact support and ask for a key. it took about 12h for me to get one
now, if you dont already have one, you'll need to create a regular plaync account at http://www.plaync.com/ , use your serial to activate a tr game acc.

also, while that promo url says a credit card is needed, i wasnt asked for any cc details at any step of the process. and i've been playing for about 2 weeks now.

@gothic: the updater is really weird, it stays like that for like forever, then it jumps to 90% or so in one go, and finishes off.

dyze

Watchdog

January 16th, 2009, 17:56
Yes, I had the same.
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

January 17th, 2009, 12:54
After trying the game, I am very surprised, it is a looot more fun than WOW, no idea why it is shutting down, I already had more fun with it than I ever had with WOW, since I can acctually control my character!

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

January 17th, 2009, 15:28
The Collector's Editions should be really cheap by now. At the beginning of February, I plan to buy one for myself (if there's still one available). Current Amazon Germany price is around 20 Euros.
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

January 17th, 2009, 16:08
I think it had a lot of technical problems when it was launched and people lost interest,,, it is sad this is closing down!

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

January 17th, 2009, 16:27
yeah there was a lot of bugs at launch, and they lost a lot of players almost immmediately. which is probably why the high end content is quite small, as is the skill selection. they never got the money in to continue producing content.
combat and art direction is really nice tho! if they'd had a better launch this game could have been a classic.

dyze

Watchdog

January 17th, 2009, 17:45
I played for a while and did a review for GamerDad … it was fun but generic.
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

January 18th, 2009, 12:59
I found it is another Richard Garriot syndrome game.

Great ideas, not enough resources, unfinished and with technical problems.

Garriot aims too high without enough resources, it is simply not possible to make games of his scope today without a massive amount of resources. At U7 it was still manageable and UO since it was 2d, and they had the tech. To make massive worlds and the resources to finish it. All of his 3d games failed because he aimed too high.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

January 18th, 2009, 15:28
I think we should take screenshots for the RPGWatch database, too, as long as the game is available ( = online).
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » Tabula Rasa for Free