StarCrawlers - Big Beautify Update - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » StarCrawlers - Big Beautify Update

Default StarCrawlers - Big Beautify Update

May 4th, 2020, 02:26
A new update for StarCrawlers has been released which improves the graphics and lighting. The developer also hinted that their next project will be revealed soon.

StarCrawlers 1.1.4 - Big Beautify Update

Beautified with enhanced graphics and lighting effects.

StarCrawlers has been updated with a Beautify feature! This optional feature enhances texture fidelity and sharpness, lighting appearance and effects, and enhances visuals overall. In the course of working on our next project (more news soon!) we experimented with retroactively applying the visual upgrades to StarCrawlers - and it worked

The Beautify feature should not have any noticeable impact on the performance or resource usage of the base game. Beautify is enabled by default and can be turned off in the Graphics menu if desired.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

May 4th, 2020, 09:08
Yeah, as if the problem was the graphics and effects and not the generic random levels and boring gameplay…Pff, some devs are so out of place, I wonder how they have jobs with so much retardation in their heads, it's a miracle..

DarkOzric

Cosmic Wanderer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 4th, 2020, 14:35
Originally Posted by DarkOzric View Post
Yeah, as if the problem was the graphics and effects and not the generic random levels and boring gameplay…Pff, some devs are so out of place, I wonder how they have jobs with so much retardation in their heads, it's a miracle..
You know that you can criticize a game without calling the devs retarded, right?

SveNitoR

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

May 4th, 2020, 14:51
Wish you could downvote posts. Anyway, I found Starcrawlers to be wonderfully fun. What the enemies and area levels lacked in variety is more than made up for by the huge differences between classes and their skills. Great blobber! And great continued support.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
+1:

May 4th, 2020, 15:50
It's not bad, I found it entertaining, maybe not at the same level of grimrock saga, but fun

CRD

Watchdog

May 4th, 2020, 15:58
I actually enjoyed it thanks. Your ignorance in your statement doesn't give much credence to y our opinion.

Is it a perfect game, obviously not. It's a great start and I actually enjoyed it. I think they could add a lot more depth.

As for the update, the game does look a lot nicer.

EDIT: On looking at your post history, most of your posts are like that. Nice, a valued new member
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

May 4th, 2020, 16:51
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
I actually enjoyed it thanks. Your ignorance in your statement doesn't give much credence to y our opinion.

Is it a perfect game, obviously not. It's a great start and I actually enjoyed it. I think they could add a lot more depth.

EDIT: On looking at your post history, most of your posts are like that. Nice, a valued new member
Well, due to his unpleasant post I actually looked up this game. It seems pretty fun, but repetitive, according to most reviews. So I guess in a way his post made me a possible buyer in the future

SveNitoR

Sentinel

May 4th, 2020, 17:36
Originally Posted by SveNitoR View Post
Well, due to his unpleasant post I actually looked up this game. It seems pretty fun, but repetitive, according to most reviews. So I guess in a way his post made me a possible buyer in the future
It can get repititive…but it has some nice bits….you select missions and go on them…it's a nice little package, could use some more depth but it's fun…I come and go from it.

It annoys me when someone jumps to the conclusion if they are working on graphics they aren't doing anything esle…
--

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

+1:

May 4th, 2020, 18:22
It can get repititive…but it has some nice bits….you select missions and go on them…it's a nice little package, could use some more depth but it's fun…I come and go from it.

It annoys me when someone jumps to the conclusion if they are working on graphics they aren't doing anything esle…
Thanks for your opinion! Yeah, for some reason people seem to put graphics in opposition to game play.

SveNitoR

Sentinel

May 4th, 2020, 18:35
Didn't really like it… it was too repetitive and just did not hold my attention. I felt I should have liked it but there are just other, more compelling games out to play and I've only got so much time. Maybe I'll try it again someday in the future if there's a dearth of other tb games.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

May 4th, 2020, 23:13
Originally Posted by SSIGuy View Post
Didn't really like it… it was too repetitive and just did not hold my attention. I felt I should have liked it but there are just other, more compelling games out to play and I've only got so much time. Maybe I'll try it again someday in the future if there's a dearth of other tb games.
i finished it and liked it quite a bit. I never once thought it was overly repetitive and there were some good puzzles and interesting choices and the character development was very varied and interesting. Different classes felt really different. Underrated title IMO

johnnysd

Watchdog

May 5th, 2020, 00:05
I enjoyed it for 10-15 hours or so, but lost interest. The progression didn't really feel rewarding since it was so tied to obvious scaling both in challenge and loot. Don't regret purchasing it though.

TomRon

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

May 5th, 2020, 04:19
Originally Posted by TomRon View Post
I enjoyed it for 10-15 hours or so, but lost interest. The progression didn't really feel rewarding since it was so tied to obvious scaling both in challenge and loot. Don't regret purchasing it though.
I think I played it for around 10-12 hours, and I feel the same way. It didn't blow me away, but I don't regret buying it either. I like the art style, and some of the skills are pretty cool.

The thing I didn't like was not being allowed to save during missions. If they would change that it would go a long way towards me giving it another chance.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
+1:

May 5th, 2020, 09:55
I played… ummm… 54 hours or so.
Suffice it to say, I quite liked it. I'm pretty certain I finished it.

However, there was plenty of room for improvement. I did find the lack of saving within missions to be annoying, and by the last quarter or so I really felt it need a few more enemy types.

Unlikely to play it again just for some more shinies, but definitely looking forward to whatever they come up with next.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

May 5th, 2020, 10:02
You know that you can criticize a game without calling the devs retarded, right?
Yeah I know but the game has not been made by itself…
Last edited by DarkOzric; May 5th, 2020 at 12:32.

DarkOzric

Cosmic Wanderer

May 5th, 2020, 10:04
Happy to help, enjoy your possible generic random number generator
Last edited by DarkOzric; May 5th, 2020 at 10:25.

DarkOzric

Cosmic Wanderer

May 5th, 2020, 10:17

I'm not here to seek credence, I'm just a random guy stating my personal opinions as honestly as I can and feel. You can take it or leave it, no one is forcing you and no one will force what words I'll use in my opinions.

DarkOzric

Cosmic Wanderer

May 5th, 2020, 15:30
I'm not here to seek credence, I'm just a random guy stating my personal opinions as honestly as I can and feel. You can take it or leave it, no one is forcing you and no one will force what words I'll use in my opinions.
Sigh… You know that people will listen more to you if you express your opinions in a more pleasant way, right?

SveNitoR

Sentinel

May 5th, 2020, 16:28
Sigh… You know that people will listen more to you if you express your opinions in a more pleasant way, right?
I am pretty sure he is a codexer….wasted time here.
--

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

+1:

May 5th, 2020, 17:36
i have this game and i played it 45 hrs , i finished the campaign, gotta say it's not that bad i actually had some fun in the process.

too much negativity

They Live

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » StarCrawlers - Big Beautify Update