The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

One of their most over looked/remembered? songs...amazing dark fantasy lyrical story.

No one could sing this like or as well as Tate did! Phenomenal voice!

~ enjoy ~

Queensryche - Roads to Madness

Love me some Queensryche. Well, up to through Promised Land, anyway. Anything after that is quite hit and miss. I did see them three times in concert. First time was in '83 or '84 opening for Kiss on the Lick It Up tour. The second time was in '94 for the Promised Land tour, and the third was like three years ago when they played a local small hall and mostly played their old hits. I actually met Geoff Tate and Scott Rockenfield at that show and got my picture taken with them.

IMHO the band when on a downward spiral once Chris DeGarmo left. As one of my all time favorite bands, it sucks to see Geoff Tate and the rest of the band having such a nasty split

Also, I still love the sound effects from this classic.

1 Hour of Ambient Sound From Forbidden Planet: The Great Krell Machine (1956)

First all electronic score for a movie, by Bebe and Louis Barron, electronic and magnetic tape music pioneers.

This is more diverse, short, not so relaxing, but great sounds. :)

FORBIDDEN PLANET Soundtrack

Short video / interview on the work's history

Note, this was before the widespread use of transistors. Vacuum tubes and tape recorder cuttings, and loopings. Custom analog circuitry that mimicked naturally occurring biological systems (cybernetics), that were self-destructive and evolved sonically as they degraded. One shot performances that had to be recorded as the components fried. Crazy stuff.

The Music and SFX of Forbidden Planet

Great interview of Bebe Barron in 1997 (last few minutes, in particular)

Last edited:
HAHA! So cheesy, but a great song!

Dio was my first live concert where they used laser lights on stage (not just colored lighting). The spinxes at the sides of the stage shot red lasers like the current laser pointers out of their eyes. Although I had seen Dio in 1983 on the Holy Diver tour, the 1984 Last in Line tour is the one Im talking about

Dio - The Last In Line "Live" (1984)

I saw this show thanks for posting that…

Also playing this tape on 11 in my parents basement playing Ultima 3 and M.U.L.E

Here's a clip with nice ambiance for you. Although for me, Summoning's music is more like a journey into the soul.

Back
Top Bottom