The Witcher - Director's Cut Release Date

Dhruin

SasqWatch
So, just to clarify (if anybody knows) ...

If I have EE, I only need to patch up, right? I don't have to actually buy the DC? Or do I? Some of the discussion on CDP's forums seemed to say EE owner's need only patch, but it wasn't entirely clear.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the real answer!

That is correct, the only difference is the nudity. :)

Yeah. You don't necessarily have to wait either, rbtoj, you can google and DL a nudity fanmod right now and get the same results as the DC.

Yeah. You don't necessarily have to wait either, rbtoj, you can google and DL a nudity fanmod right now and get the same results as the DC.

Yep, that's exactly what I did for my Witcher EE playthrough. Iirc, you just needed to replace some files in 2 places, one set for the Sex Cards, and one for the animation you get when Geralt makes the right move. ;)

It is funny noone is giving the witcher a hard time about the sex scenes that were totally not needed....does it get a pass because it is a european dev?

No it gets a pass cause it's a great game.
And I think there were many people giving it a hard time when it was released.

heheh nudity does not equal mature, I liked the game. But that part really added nothing.

heheh nudity does not equal mature, I liked the game. But that part really added nothing.

I would argue that nudity as implemented in games is actually teen-movie style immature ...

That might be true in some cases, but there was nothing in The Witcher that was reminiscent of a teen-movie.

Yeah - I missed the key word 'most' in front of games ;)

Maturity is as elusive a concept as any other.

I didn't find The Witcher particularly mature - and some of the language was downright immature, but that's me. However, I'm guessing it's about poor translation more than the original writing being immature. At least, I hope so.

That said, the VAST majority of writing in games is juvenile in nature - as is dialogue in a large percentage of popular movies.

IMO, of course.

Maturity is as elusive a concept as any other.

I didn't find The Witcher particularly mature - and some of the language was downright immature, but that's me. However, I'm guessing it's about poor translation more than the original writing being immature. At least, I hope so.

That said, the VAST majority of writing in games is juvenile in nature - as is dialogue in a large percentage of popular movies.

IMO, of course.

Well, a large portion of real life actions and dialogue (at work, in politics, overheard on the bus...) tends to be highly immature...
(misogynous post of the day)

Well, a large portion of real life actions and dialogue (at work, in politics, overheard on the bus...) tends to be highly immature...

I'd tend to agree, but I guess I'm missing the point.

I hope games aren't meant to recreate the tragic and trivial nature of modern society.

In your opinion, of course.

Personally, I thought the sex *cards* were a bit silly (not to mention the babydoll nighties) -- but the sex scenes and plot threads certainly fit in very well, and did add a significant dimension to the game. There are a few there that count among gaming's most memorable (and occasionally funny) moments, even.

The Lady of the Lake, for example.

Why not name this release "The Witcher: Enchanced Edition With TITS!!!" (TWEEWT in short), I'm sure more people would get interested (especially teenage boys).

But does anyone claim otherwise? Real life is immature and banal ... but in a game claiming to be a 'mature experience', shouldn't we expect something resembling maturity?

You can argue about how "mature" The Witcher is in your opinion, but the sex cards were optional, and certainly didn't hurt the the game in the least.

You can argue about how "mature" The Witcher is in your opinion, but the sex cards were optional, and certainly didn't hurt the the game in the least.

Again, I really wasn't talking about The Witcher - I really consider that an exception to the rule. Most games - and I'm thinking console action games aimed at 15 year old boys - try to work that 'blood + swearing + boobs = maturity' angle.

Back
Top Bottom