The Witcher - Director's Cut Now Available in NA

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The headline is all you need to know. Official PR for TW:EEDC follows:
DIRECTOR’S CUT OF THE WITCHER: ENHANCED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE IN NORTH AMERICA
Who: Atari, Inc., one of the world’s most recognized videogame publishers, announced today that new content will be available for The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for Windows PC.

What: The game as the developers, CD Projekt RED, intended with mature content only released outside of North America – until now! The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut is now available for download at www.atari.com and other major digital distribution outlets. This new Director’s Cut content is available as both a patch for The Witcher: Enhanced Edition as well as a full game download.

The Witcher, originally released October 2007, has won more than 100 awards and has sold more than 1.2 million copies worldwide. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition brought the game close to perfection, with more than 5000 lines of re-written and re-recoded dialogue, more than 200 new dialogue animations, a new character differentiation system for NPCs, an enhanced inventory with improved alchemy, reduced loading times, improved combat responsiveness and two new adventures. AND NOW, with the release of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut, the game is available in its entirety to North American audiences.

When: The downloadable content is available starting today JULY 31, 2009

Where: The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut game and patch are available at ATARI.com, Steam (steampowered.com), Impulse (impulsedriven.com) and Direct2Drive. The patch is also available at TheWitcher.com.

Why: Representing the pinnacle of storytelling in role-playing games, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut shatters the line between good and<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black;"> ...More information.

I'm about 50% downloading it off of Impulse. I'm not keen on the download option, but too lazy to go out and buy a CD. Besides I want Atari to see some sales not go to them, maybe get them to realize some of the NA market isn't impressed by all this cutting up the artists creation for the sake of a (perceived) puritanical market. Wouldn't make much sense to wait all this time for the uncensored version then at the last minute buy the censored one.

That aside, Steam seems to be problematic with patches not coming out as quick as the retail patch and I have no experience with the direct2drive (and the FAQ was one of those really annoying PR-in-disguise FAQs that didn't really answer my questions). I was trying to find out of the game would be DRM free from download services like the retail 1.5 version is. Couldn't really tell, but operating from a lack of info I figured go with the service that has a reputation of being somewhat reasonable on DRM (Stardock) rather then an unknown. And Steam was right-out. I'm still pissed that my retail CD of Portal required the Steam client after all the trouble I went to get it thinking that I could avoid Steam.

Anyway. 62%.

TTFN

I can see the FULL story in English now? Neat! (Though it was kinda fun with the subtitles - felt like I was watching an artsy foreign film. ;))

I'm about 50% downloading it off of Impulse. I'm not keen on the download option, but too lazy to go out and buy a CD. Besides I want Atari to see some sales not go to them, maybe get them to realize some of the NA market isn't impressed by all this cutting up the artists creation for the sake of a (perceived) puritanical market.

I hate to break it to you, but a sale through Impulse is still a sale for Atari.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut-
* No physical media will be sent for this download only item
€ 28,05 € 28,05 (EUR) @ impulse

nice price :) too bad i CANT get it from them as i am living in europe... Stupid, missing out one more sale for them....

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut-
* No physical media will be sent for this download only item
€ 28,05 € 28,05 (EUR) @ impulse

nice price :) too bad i CANT get it from them as i am living in europe... Stupid, missing out one more sale for them....

Why would you want it? Just get the European version of The Witcher EE, it's the exact same thing.

So getting it off of Impulse seemed to be the right choice. I don't seem to need Impulse itself open to get it to run, unlike with Steam.

So getting it off of Impulse seemed to be the right choice. I don't seem to need Impulse itself open to get it to run, unlike with Steam.

ok, not like Steam is anywhere near a resource hog.

Back
Top Bottom