RPGWatch Feature: Borderlands Review

Yup. I'm only about an hour into each game, but Fallout 3, even if it feels like Oblivion with guns is the real deal. Borderlands is going on the back burner I'm afraid.

Agree - for as much as I give Fallout 3 a rough time, it is a much better game than Borderlands.

I actually picked up Borderlands for some light action fun and have really enjoyed it so far. Hate the interface and checkpoint-saves and it's no deep RPG but it's fun for a shooter with some lite loot and skills just for a bit more interest.

Agree - for as much as I give Fallout 3 a rough time, it is a much better game than Borderlands.

Same here. Borderlands is a pure shooter that while fun, doesn't compare to Fallout 3. But to be honest you can't really compare the two. Yes, they are similar, but other than the setting that is where the similarities end. It would be like comparing Serious Sam with Oblivion. They're two completely types of games that I play for different reasons.

Well….the AI was similar. :)

hehe ... I think that Borderlands to FO3 is closer than SS to Oblivion - given they are both post-apoc RPG-shooters.

Back
Top Bottom