What games are you playing now?

I'm taking a break from any serious gaming right now and playing Steamworld Dig 2. Like the first game, it's a 2D metroidvania that focuses on exploring a large underground world by slowly digging your way through it while uncovering secret areas and mining for loot.

Harem Heroes started relatively okay but instead of improving content soon turned into yet another avoidware falsely advertised as adult RPG trying to milk you dry.
HH is the only adult game I've played consistently. New content weekly and I have never spent any real money. Gameplay is basic but varied, at least there is no clicker or exponential timer bs.

Man, you suck. It's online pachinko under the hood and thus I'd ban anyone not spending some serious $ on it. :)

Besides, some "dolls" drop only from pachinko. :D

I'm still exploring the after-game elements in Dragon Quest eleven, currently I'm on a mission to defeat two giant metal monsters in some dungeon, and I have to use a particular pep power to kill each of them. I'm not sure what the reward will be, but the challenge is accepted!

Restarting POE again, i have 160+ hours in the game but have never made it through defiance bay. Crossing my fingers i can stick with it this time.

The latest MGL (Mame Gaming League) has come to an end; here's what we competed on in this tournament:

Space Zap
Elevator Action
Time Pilot
Jungler
New Rally-X
Q-Bert (Was great to play this classic!)
Arabian
Pac Land (Definitely not my favourite of the Pac games; but full of secrets nonetheless)
Sky Kid (A Namco horizontal scrolling sh'mup from 1985 which I really got into!)

With term 2 break just around the corner, I'm looking to get back into Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire with all of the DLC installed and finally try out the Path of the Damned difficulty. There's a few npcs I didn't try out first time around and so the party building and general experimenting should be fun. Hopefully the game is better than my first Veteran run through.

Last edited:
Somehow I started a playthrough of Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. This is an rpg that's been on my backlog for ages. And I've started it about 2-3 times, but never got very far.

So, I'm not sure what got into me but this time it seems to have really stuck. I'm 15+ hours into it and just reached The Isle of Despair, something I've never reached before. Not sure how far this is into the game.

But I'm having loads of fun with it. It has aged pretty well imo. But some of the mechanics are brutal. I've already lost my main weapon because I kept hitting stone golems with it, and thought that even if it breaks, I'll just repair it back in town. Big mistake. If it reaches 0 durability, it's broken forever. Smiths can't seem to repair it anymore. Also, I noticed that all items looks a bit of their durability with each repair. Damn, that's hardcore. I'll probably be changing items quite frequently, but it's still an extra stress in there.

Anyways, as I said, having fun playing. The story is nothing to write home about, but I love the steampunk world. So cool. And I love the open ended design. It's very similar to Fallout. No surprise, since it's from the exact two guys that lead efforts on Fallout.

A couple of days ago I finished Dragon Quest eleven, and meant to start something new but saw Valkyria Chronicles and realized that I'd only ever played the game once, over four years ago, so that got fired up for a replay!

I recently picked up a Nintendo Switch (sale, expiring store credits and residual gift cards combined to make it nearly ‘free’) ... and of course, as a PC gamer what I have loaded up (also thanks to some great sales):
- Skyrim
- Wolfenstein II: New Collossus
- Doom (2016)
- Civilization VI
- Diablo III Eternal
- Also grabbed Final Fantasy VII and have a couple of pre-release things I am reviewing.

So far it is pretty good - the text on Wolfenstein in particular is *tiny*, but the gameplay is solid and graphics look pretty great as well. I am only playing it as a handheld, will probably hook to the TV at some point.

Fun stuff :)

Has anyone played Box Boy! + Box Girl! that would care to give me their impressions? Planning to buy it for the Switch, but wanted to hear people's opinions first, if anyone has played it.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

As a former Switch owner, it's a solid machine, you're in for years of entertainment! I was particularly fond of the Zelda game, as well as the Disgaea ones. One day I really might acquire another Switch.

As a former Switch owner, it's a solid machine, you're in for years of entertainment! I was particularly fond of the Zelda game, as well as the Disgaea ones. One day I really might acquire another Switch.

I definitely like the Disgaea games, but still have PS Vita to play those. The Zelda game I will absolutely buy when I find a decent price (or play through the rest of those games!)

Bards Tale Classic - Man...that was some really bad gameplay back then. Combats are extremely hands off, and the character level ups with their random rolls are straight from hell. It still has some appeal. But it feels like this appeal is more like a dull XP or item grind you know from loot-shooters or browsergames.

Depth of Extinction - Really cool tactics game. Unfortunately at that point, even half a year after release, still extremely buggy and feels like a beta. The developer is extremely fast in fixing any reported bugs. But they shouldn't have been in still in the frist place.

Gives you greater appreciation of the new game ?

Bards Tale Classic - Man…that was some really bad gameplay back then. Combats are extremely hands off, and the character level ups with their random rolls are straight from hell. It still has some appeal. But it feels like this appeal is more like a dull XP or item grind you know from loot-shooters or browsergames.

Gives you greater appreciation of the new game ?

Just because the old game isn't really great, doesn't make the new game better. ^^
Though I was fine with BT4 in the first place. I liked the puzzles. Just the balancing was pretty terrible.

One thing I do like though is that you clearly see where the design of the Underground Skara Brae of BT4 is coming from. That's really a 1 to 1 copy. Not rocket science but pretty cool.

I was thinking in more general terms and not just BT4 but can't think of any clear cut examples at the moment - maybe wasteland 2 ?

Just because the old game isn't really great, doesn't make the new game better. ^^
Though I was fine with BT4 in the first place. I liked the puzzles. Just the balancing was pretty terrible.

One thing I do like though is that you clearly see where the design of the Underground Skara Brae of BT4 is coming from. That's really a 1 to 1 copy. Not rocket science but pretty cool.

I was thinking in more general terms and not just BT4 but can't think of any clear cut examples at the moment - maybe wasteland 2 ?

tbh I am not quite sure what your question is aiming for.

Its a question if old games were really that good or if they were just good because they were a new experience. When I say old I mean back in the mid 90's or earlier. I personally think some of the games in the early 2000 were really good they just lack graphic fidelity but most of the really early games that I remember were very simplistic by any standards including both technical and conceptual.

tbh I am not quite sure what your question is aiming for.

Last edited:
Was some few bucks on ubi sale the other day so I've added to my backlog The Fractured Butthole and thought I'll do it when I get time but then a friend working abroad appeared, the one who is obsessed with South Park, Rick and Morty, Bojack Horseman and some girl name whatnot can't remember…

So I started it and now I'm playing it. It's fun.
Humor is as it should be cheeky, the story is preposterous, characters are insulting - exactly what South Park should have.

But it's not as good as The Sitck of Truth. Something is missing and I can't pinpoint what.
No it's not the disgustingly horrible controls scheme (WASDZRFGTY and arrow keys used in minigames = bullshit).
Did anyone else try it? Why it doesn't feel as brilliant as the first game?

Back
Top Bottom