Druidstone hype and early impressions thread

Hype originated from source: lackblogger. Then it passed onto Kordanor. Then it went back onto lackblogger again. Et circa.

Yes, I was quite hyped about this game a couple of months ago, putting it on a potential day-one-purchase in my mind. As it got closer to release my enthusiasm waned quite a bit, but I still had enough residual hype to make sure that there was somewhere easily visible for people who would be playing it to feel encouraged to paragraph about it beyond one-liner nothing statements. purely from a selfish point of view.

As you can tell by the OP, I'm only half-hearted in my hype which quite accurately reflects my thoughts at the time. Since release I'm now not even sure if I posted the thread in the best forum for the game as it looks like the game is really barely struggling to be RPG, in that RPG doesn't seem to be it's primary focus or intent. However, it does seem to have enough elements for it to also sit awkwardly in general gaming rather than here.

It's now inspired me to think that maybe the forum should have an Elements/HybridRPG forum sitting between both this forum and the general gaming forum for just such occasions.

It's pretty much an RPG. Just not a walking simulator. 100% meaningful content and no fillers and timesinks. Fast travel on world map, read story text, fight in carefully balanced encounter with no RNG, spend your gold and XP on upgrades. I don't see a problem.

I do. No story, yet it ain't (supposed to be) tetris nor candy crush.

Back
Top Bottom