Forged of Blood - New Videos

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Some new videos for Forged of Blood.

AVAILABLE AUGUST 2019

About Forged of Blood:

Forged of Blood is pushing the boundaries of depth and mechanical complexity for the modern turn-based tactical RPG. Classless character building, strategic management, and small unit tactical gameplay combine to create a multi-layered experience that puts players in the middle of a civil war in a morally grey fantasy world.

A game of hard decisions and harsher consequences, Forged of Blood will challenge players to make decisions across every layer of the game. On the battlefield, character builds, turn-order efficiency, and positioning will be key to victory. While off the battlefield, your choices on the world map will determine the fate of your kingdom and future of your people...
More information.

BAD HAND PAINTED ART!!!! STUPID BATTLESCAPE YELLOW DOTS!!!

I AM doing consistently better with the large character sprites than this game and our game is only a 32x32 tiled sprite world, with similar sized player sprites and looks like a roguelike, but plays like the Gold Series.

At first glance, I thought this seemed pretty interesting. But, it looks a bit generic and rather clunky.

I'm surprised this game has garned such little interest? I supported it on KS and was disappointed to see it fail there - but glad that it's now almost done.

I also supported this one. It seems to me from all they have shown very heavy on the tactical battle side, and the gameplay looks more like a Japanese SRPG, than a classical crpg (The western equivilent would be like Jagged Alliance or Battle Brothers). Games like that have more limited appeal on RPGWatch, from my experience.

I also was surprised that the kick starter path failed for this product. This one I'll likely pick up the next time I have an opening in the almighty backlog.

Hello,

We showed mostly tactical battle side because that would be our primary game loop.

The strategic layer serves as the canvas for story telling, player's agency in choosing which mission to pursue, which regions to conquer, and as a place to build your characters.

For those who backed us in kickstarter, the only difference between the game we are releasing and the kickstarter pitch would be the castle base building layer and crafting. Originally, we plan to have base building to tie in with the progress of your success unlocking many items and features. However, it was a bit too ambitious for our small studio and that by having base building, a lot of fun things were locked for later game.

For example, in original design, you have to build appropriate mage tower to get spell effects to craft your spells. In the game we release, you can jumped into spell crafting right at the beginning.

Thank you for your support. Even though our kickstarter wasn't successful, we persevere to complete our game as close to our original vision as much as we can. It's been a long journey and we hope we do not disappoint too much when you have the chance to play it

Thanks,
-Joe

There's a lot I like about it, just hope it's not to short.

Back
Top Bottom