|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Non-Political Happy News.

Default Non-Political Happy News.

January 9th, 2018, 01:41
Some of us don't give a fuck for the welfare of the masses as long as they get a few $$ at their expense.

Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
Bahaha!

Well you can continue to live in doom and gloom. Some of us are enjoying life without the abject fear and misery.

You can bet if the market stayed the same or dropped in 2017 would be on the front page of every major newspage with quotes on how relevant to the world ending.

If it bleeds it leads!

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

January 9th, 2018, 01:47
Well, I thought this topic was going to be somewhat political, but I'm kind of surprised it got so acrimonious so quickly!
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

January 9th, 2018, 01:51
The market going up in general is not political but the US market going up in 2017 is political because it is due to risky selfish policies that is causing the short term rapid rise.

Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Well, I thought this topic was going to be somewhat political, but I'm kind of surprised it got so acrimonious so quickly!

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

January 9th, 2018, 01:57
Oh, I'd say any discussion of the market inherently has a political aspect. I'm just surprised this got so feisty so fast! The title vs the actual contents of the thread remind me of Happy Tree Friends
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore
Last edited by Ripper; January 9th, 2018 at 02:13.

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

January 9th, 2018, 03:19
Originally Posted by you View Post
The market going up in general is not political but the US market going up in 2017 is political because it is due to risky selfish policies that is causing the short term rapid rise.
Please make your political speculations on the market somewhere else. I've kindly provided the chart in the above link in case you get lost. It contains multiple years so you can speculate about many different people if you so choose.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

January 9th, 2018, 03:24
Originally Posted by you View Post
Some of us don't give a fuck for the welfare of the masses as long as they get a few $$ at their expense.
I'm sorry the stock market (index funds in particular) offends you. I'm also sorry that you believe whether it goes up or down, somehow its linked to screwing over the masses. I've PMd you several good recommendations of articles and a couple light books from non-political reputable sources that would explain the market concept to you.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

January 9th, 2018, 05:38
Gentlemen, PLEASE!! I do not moderate this particular forum, so I have no power here, but I can see Jaz tossing over to me in P&R once she reads it. Life is way too short to be getting your knickers into such a knot over what was originally meant to be a non-political happy post!! No wonder the world is in the mess it is!!!! Most of you, need to GROW UP!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

January 10th, 2018, 20:02
Thank you, Corwin. After this bout of self-censorship, the thread can remain where it is at … for now. But if y'all don't play nice, I'll send it to P&R after all.
--
ESO-playing machine

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Play nice.
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1:

January 10th, 2018, 22:01
Or just delete all the junk
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
+1:

January 10th, 2018, 22:24
Originally Posted by Myrthos View Post
Or just delete all the junk
That would be awesome.
I'd like to keep a thread politic free rather than creating another. Either way works tho.
I'm sure Jaz doesnt feel like babysitting.
--

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

January 10th, 2018, 23:46
All the unnecessary hysteria not withstanding, I do still think there is a fundamental problem in expecting to discuss capital returns and the performance of the labour market, and requiring the discussion to be non-political. As soon as one starts to unpack or question what's behind the figures (which seems a pretty reasonable thing to do), surely politics comes into play. I mean, otherwise we might as well just make the OP an announcement, and lock the thread. Or, what is the acceptable range of discussion on the topic?
--

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

January 11th, 2018, 00:50
Deleted. Pointless to argue with a brick.
Last edited by you; January 11th, 2018 at 01:27.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

+1:

January 11th, 2018, 04:04
More good news and non-scary statistics.

Global child death since 1990 has been cut in half.
Largely attributed to increased health awareness, reduction of malaria & access to drinking water.

Charts are from some of the highest child mortality countries which are getting better every single year.

Even Niger, which holds the record for worst statistic for the last 40 years has drastically improved.

PS. Graphs have 1 male, 1 female but are virtually identical. To save image uploading put one each. Worldwide decreases but only included a few charts of the most improved (but still the highest mortality). Source document can be found at IHME.
--

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

January 11th, 2018, 04:11
15 year visual charts.

Red is bad.
Purple is least bad.
White is best.

--

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Non-Political Happy News.