The Witcher Netflix series begins production.

Anyone know where in The Witcher timeline this takes place?
No but this was one of my concerns… everybody looks younger than I am used to so it could be set early on…. but if that is the case, why is Ciri an adult?

No but this was one of my concerns… everybody looks younger than I am used to so it could be set early on…. but if that is the case, why is Ciri an adult?

Well, she doesn't look very adult to me. More like late teens.

I have the same concern though. Everyone seems much too young.

It looks about what I expected it to look like. A low-budget Netflix series.

Anyone know where in The Witcher timeline this takes place?

I won't say it look cheap but medium budget. I thought what little of the CGI looked very believable.

I also don't know what to make of the timeline as well because based on some of the events in the trailer, it seems to cover multiple books so it seems they are not going book by book and rather their own take of the story.

Looks alright to me. Have they set a date for it yet?
It seems towards the end of this year

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/the-witcher-netflix-release-date-1203191484/

This looks about as crap as expected. I'm not even going to try watching it.

Eh, Cavill or whatsitcalled seems atleast into the role. Can't turn out worse than last Predator or Terminator, right, Right?

I don't like all these changes they are making to the book etc but Cavill is shaping up to be a great Geralt! I don't know if its special effect or something but his sword moves seems awesome. They feels very natural and super human at the same time and thats how witchers are supposed to be. He seems to have got the voice correct as well. Based on these trailers I am sold as him being Geralt.

I wasn't initially happy with the actress they had for Yennefer but she impressed me and so far won me over in that orgy scene in that trailer! Part of the issue for me was that Triss in books is supposed to be younger than Yennefer but the actresses they hired for Triss in the show seems far older.

Its very hard to take good read on Ciri but I like they way she look and not so much different from how I imagined her when reading the book.

Yes the Nilfgaardian armour still looks like S&M dildo …

I will definitely watch it and will be happy if they at least stick to the "spirit" of the books as its fairly clear that they are changing lots of stuff for "politically correct" reasons. I know its setting the bar very low but its the sign of times we live in!

Is that 5 year old Ciri ?
Not sure, but it could be. The series is set way before the games, and follows the timeline of the books.

A lot of people will probably be confused by that, because they expect it to be directly related to the games, which it's not.

I still think they should do something about Geralt's eyes. They're supposed to have that cat-like look. Come on, just changing the color is being cheap. :p

Otherwise, it does look promising. I've no problem if they divert from the books. The first two were quite good, but only collections of stories.

Having just glanced once at the trailer, seems to me they are telling the story of how Geralt became the protege of Ciri which would be interesting.

Ah yes, sorry. I was doubting my use of English as I wrote it.
Geralt protecting Ciri of course. Or Ciri is Geralt's protegee.

Without knowing if the series will survive after the first season, it sure is an optimistic point of view :)

Back
Top Bottom