Mass Effect: Andromeda - Review

I suspect it would have been a challenger if it had been a PC title, but it's not. It's likely equal (or better) if the settings are equal (resolution, AA, etc), but TW3 has the option of being run on super high end hardware, with 4k resolution and so on. You're likely to need a Titan X or 1080 Ti or something to really max it all out on a big monitor, but it can be done.

Horizon Zero Dawn is around pre-downgrade TW3 graphics quality* on the PS4.

*Only shown on PC

Horizon Zero Dawn is around pre-downgrade TW3 graphics quality* on the PS4.

*Only shown on PC

Fully tweaked, and with all the patches/expansions, it looks better than the old screenshots ever did, and requires crazy hardware. Look up a fully beefed up version of B&W. There's no way anything on PS4 (even Pro) can rival that kind of juice. The PS4 is more along the lines of an AMD RX 480, and a single GTX 1080 is 50% stronger. There's no way an AMD RX 480 can run B&W (or similar) at a native 4k resolution. I refuse to believe it.

Witcher 3 can definitely be juiced up to torture the hardware, but some key elements have not been improved - the lighting model and the water simulation still falling way short of what was originally shown. I don't know if Horizon is any better in these regards.

17 min long vid from IGN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rwdaI8rCo

Pretty much in line of what's been seen before. Gameplay seems at it's best in open field ( go vanguard!), but with cover/shooting…blech.

That IGN guy is worst then BioWare at playing the game and it was the 3rd time through that missions.

Also, kinda interesting that he said he was doing that mission after the main quests was done. He was just level 28.

Also, kinda interesting that he said he was doing that mission after the main quests was done.
:rolleyes:

Or not? It's one of those "pros" who ignore sidecontent and rush through the main quest as if the game isn't RPG.

:rolleyes:

Or not? It's one of those "pros" who ignore sidecontent and rush through the main quest as if the game isn't RPG.

He was given the save file from BioWare, so he's not the one who skipped sidecontent.

Also, kinda interesting that he said he was doing that mission after the main quests was done. He was just level 28.

I remember when I first encountered this: Might & Magic 6. Confused me a great deal, I kept running around the world looking for some sort of continuation. These days it's fairly common, but I can't remember actually using it for anything useful (except calling Kelly up to my room in ME2 for any character that did not have an on-going romance, heh).

Witcher 3 can definitely be juiced up to torture the hardware, but some key elements have not been improved - the lighting model and the water simulation still falling way short of what was originally shown. I don't know if Horizon is any better in these regards.

That's true. I suppose there are mods out there that might fix it, but I haven't looked it up. My current PC will kneel if I try to go beyond what a tweaked TW3 can deliver. I do know that graphics mods exist for it though, so I check it out if I get a 1080 Ti.

That IGN guy is worst then BioWare at playing the game and it was the 3rd time through that missions.

Not sure why they picked this style of mission…the gameplay's strength clearly isn't cover/shoot.
Also why not hire a pro gamer for this sort of thing, think one of CDPR designers is ex Counter strike top player ( not as good as me, naturally, but that's beside the point ;) ) they use for this.

Back
Top Bottom