Might & Magic Clash of Heroes

Dasale

SasqWatch
Not the PC version but the DS version. It surprised me, probably a sort of Puzzle Quest but the RPG part is much better done if you ask me and I prefer much more the mood of its system based on units instead of abstract pawns, with level up of heroes and units and special units you can buy.

When looking at the coming PS3 and 360 versions it made me regret not have a PC or Mac version.

There is a review here that I wrote and is sitting in queue for the last month or so ... coming someday, I think.

I didn't even quote when it's been released in my country. I bought it without to realize it was used game and I wonder if I ever seen a non used version in shop. Ha well it's not the perfect CRPG but the mix of CRPG+Puzzles+Tactical is much better done than in Puzzle Quest and in the few tactical RPG I tried a little bit on the DS. The whole has a good appeal.

Like Puzzle Quest the random part is significant even if you can play around it, but in Puzzle Quest the random had spectacular effects. The effect of random are much less spectacular in Clash of Heroes but are probably as much important. I tend find DS games a bit more difficult but even more for this one.

When you change of hero I felt it a bit too soon, didn't even get the time to get attached in first hero. That's much better done in Dragon Quest IV. Like it is in Clash of Heroes it's more gameplay polishing to constantly bring new gaming element than driven by story or written design.

Not the PC version but the DS version.

Does it mean there actually is a PC version ? I've never seen one, that's why I ask.

It is coming to PS3 and 360, alas not on PC which is weird.

Ha well not PS3 and 360 but PSN ans Xbox live. Well not that it makes a difference for me and I don't have any of both and will never.

Oh, for releasing such games not for the PC they usually say: "It [the game] doesn't meet the quality requirements for/of the platform." An easy excuse not to make things, imho.
LucasArts alsready did so, too (and I'm speaking of games prior to TFU).

In a way that's true for this game. Unlike puzzle quests it doesn't focus as much on puzzles and try setup a more global RPG picture. But how it does it will probably not please to many PC players and reviewers.

There is a review here that I wrote and is sitting in queue for the last month or so … coming someday, I think.

Hey, where is this review? I was just thinking to myself that I need a new DS game and haven't seen one of your articles in ages. I feel so lost and unguided. I ended up getting Dragon Quest 9, but Might and Magic was taunting me over on the other end of the shelf.

Hey, where is this review? I was just thinking to myself that I need a new DS game and haven't seen one of your articles in ages. I feel so lost and unguided. I ended up getting Dragon Quest 9, but Might and Magic was taunting me over on the other end of the shelf.

Sorry ... I don't work here anymore, and honestly aside from a couple of threads I left set to 'subscribed' (like this one, obviously), I don't come here at all.

My review for Clash of Heroes is here. Same for my Dragon's Age, Mass Effect 2, Din's Curse, Avernum, and so on ... in the next couple of days my Puzzle Quest 2 will be up, followed by Alpha Protocol, and then Dragon Quest IX and then the (awesome) PSP game Persona 3 Portable ...

So again, sorry this article never happened at this site. It has festered for nearly 6 months now in completed format (I just checked and it is *still* there!), and I even replied to questions from the site owners if I still wanted it published. Oh well ...

Sorry … I don't work here anymore, and honestly aside from a couple of threads I left set to 'subscribed' (like this one, obviously), I don't come here at all.

Don't work here anymore? I'm sorry to hear that. I don't intend to pry, but is the reason public knowledge? Either way, thanks for the link. It looks like I have a new site to add to my reading list!

Don't work here anymore? I'm sorry to hear that. I don't intend to pry, but is the reason public knowledge? Either way, thanks for the link. It looks like I have a new site to add to my reading list!

No idea if it is public, as I simply haven't been here and pulled all of my pending stuff other than this review. Suffice to say that to be part of a site as a contributor you need a community and a supportive infrastructure. Early this year the community greatly suffered, and I found that there was an absence of a supporting infrastructure. So if you like the news posts here, particularly by folks other than Dhruin - make sure you say thanks ... because that is the only positive feedback they'll ever get.

Yeah, me too. We often had differing opinions but that's what makes forums cool. You get to hear things from several sides.

Back
Top Bottom