Non-RPG General News - They Are Billions - Released

@Wisdom; Thanks for the analysis. I think Numantian should have included more ways for the player to tweak the difficulty of the campaign missions and been a little more forgiving with those difficulty spikes.

Also, as you mentioned, there needs to be more variety with the campaign goals.

Oh well. Part of my issue was that I didn't pay much attention to the game during early access and didn't know what to expect. I was thinking it was going to be more like a traditional RTS game, and that's my own fault.

I should probably get around to playing Lords of Xulima soon. Ironically, that was one of the first crowd-funded games I ever backed, and I've still never done a full playthrough.

I should probably get around to playing Lords of Xulima soon. Ironically, that was one of the first crowd-funded games I ever backed, and I've still never done a full playthrough.

Yes, you really should, it was one of the first kickstarter era games I've played and, so far, it's one that I've found to be one of the most entertaining.

That sounds actually pretty cool in my book. If the main criticism is about that, I am tempted to try it. Only heared very positive stuff about the game before the campaign launched.

The game tends toward RTwP, close to RT. Controlling a horde through bait, kitting is better achieved in the flow of a movement. Nothing fancy but heavily present.

You have the option of collecting background items. But there isn't a visual cue (Edit: apparently there is a visible cue on lower difficulties, I just didn't play on that level) so you literally have to scan your mouse back and forth hoping it lights up as a collectible.

Hero missions are dull. Adding visual clues take away the little they have as it allows players to run for it.

Places/containers to search are usually the same, they might be empty though.

Back
Top Bottom