Baldur's Gate 3 - Important Locations

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
WolfheartFPS talks about the potentially important locations in Baldur's Gate 3.

This video shows some important locations on a map of Faerun, which is the continent that Baldur's Gate is located on. Some of these cities / locations were big story areas in BG1 & 2 and will likely be referenced if not visited, in Baldur's Gate 3. Our BG3 journey will begin in Avernus where we will eventually find a way out and crash land a nautiloid ship on Faerun in between the cities of Baldur's Gate & Elturel. Faerun is a continent on the planet of Toril and most of our epic tale will take place in the sword coast.
More information.

Cool stuff, I like lore videos like this. At least when its about fantasy worlds/settings that I enjoy anyway.

The Forgotten Realms and especially the Sword Coast genuinely feel like home to me.
Baldur's Gate was the game that really sparked my love for CRPGs.
I am looking forward to see what BG III does with that well-known part of Faerun and hope to revisit some of the old sites.

I am planning a new "library" atm and once it is finished I will dust off all the super-old Forgotten Realms paperbacks I still have in a box and start reading again. I know, it is not high literature and not especially innovative but it gives me a warm, cozy feeling.

The Forgotten Realms and especially the Sword Coast genuinely feel like home to me.

There is something about reading all those books set to the Sword Coast when I was a kid. Makes it special even though nowadays it might appear pretty generic when other IPs have borrowed so much from D&D lore.

Are there any new novels that are a good backdrop for 5E forgotten realms lore? I've got a big collection of old novels but nothing recent. The 5E setting is set hundreds of years after the old novels I think?

Most of Forgotten realm lore, beside games, I learned from books of R.A.Salvatore more than 15 years ago.
So watching the map brings back that so sweet nostalgia.
And I hope they put in that game lots of Easter eggs or random encounters that include characters from that novels, like they did in original Baldur's Gate.

I also have a fondness for this sort of thing. Unfortunately for me, I loathed what they did with the lore and the Spellplague nonsense in 4th Ed, so as soon that rears its ugly head, it bums me out. :(

Ah yeah the Spellplague that almost ruined most of the Forgotten realm lore from past games. It was also the time when the new 4th Ed rules-set divided the fan-base.

I simply called it the Age of MMO rules as that's what WoTC intended them for.:(

Last edited:
Very nice map of the Sword Coast. I downloaded it after watching the video. There are a lot of places yet to be explored in any crpgs.

Looks like it might have been done with Wonderdraft. Really nice little map creator.

Off-topic but there is a CK2 mod called Faerun - Forgotten Realms.

Link - https://www.moddb.com/mods/faerun-forgotten-realms-for-ck2
This is a total conversion mod for Crusader Kings 2 aiming to bring the Forgotten Realms RPG setting to the game. While we have striven to be faithful to the setting, some things had to be changed in order to work properly with Crusader Kings 2's mechanics.

Attachments

• faerun1.jpg
    faerun1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 47
  • faerun2.jpg
    faerun2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 46
  • faerun4.jpg
    faerun4.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 44
  • faerun5.jpg
    faerun5.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 44
I've been meaning to try out some books set in the Forgotten Realms. Any good ones you can recommend? Are the Drizzt ones any good?

I've been meaning to try out some books set in the Forgotten Realms. Any good ones you can recommend? Are the Drizzt ones any good?

I personally liked the majority of Drizzt books.

Back
Top Bottom