Kickstarter Games - Terra Invicta

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The creators of the Long War mod for XCOM are making their own game called Terra Invicta which is now on Kickstarter and already funded.

WHAT IF aliens bent on dominating humanity arrived in our Solar System, today? Would we unite and find a way to defend ourselves, both on Earth and in space? Or would our divisions be our downfall?

TERRA INVICTA is a grand strategy alien invasion game for PC that lets you explore these questions. You'll play as the leader of a group of humans trying to understand and address the threat - by bringing Earth's nations to your side, industrializing the Solar System, and ultimately building a space fleet able to battle the invaders.

We have brought the game to threshold of an Alpha state and are asking for your support in making it everything it can be. You can help design game content, contribute feedback on mechanics and balance, and shape all the stories you and the game can tell together.

Terra Invicta can be wishlisted on Steam and is scheduled for release in summer 2021.

[...]

More information.

I didn't like the long war mods for X-Com but I'm interested in their new game.:drool:

WHAT IF aliens bent on dominating humanity arrived in our Solar System, today? Would we unite and find a way to defend ourselves, both on Earth and in space? Or would our divisions be our downfall?

Hahahah. Ahh that was good. It almost makes me wonder if they thought that was a real question...

Love the game concept tho and look forward to implementation. Implementation makes or breaks spacegame for me. Lots of great concepts fail in practice.

Hahahah. Ahh that was good. It almost makes me wonder if they thought that was a real question…
Bah you know humanity will somehow prevail according to all the Hollywood movies and books. The smart thing to do would be to swear allegiance to our new overlords.

That or kiss our ass goodbye cause they probably want our planet and resources.

Bah you know humanity will somehow prevail according to all the Hollywood movies
Not really.
Humanity got extinct in Invasion of the Body Snatchers (aliens) and The Day After (nuclear war aftermath).

I only wished their game wasn't a kind of Space 4X. Even so, I'm happy that they got the game funded pretty soon. I'll surely take a look as soon as it gets released.

" WHAT IF aliens bent on dominating humanity arrived in our Solar System, today? Would we unite and find a way to defend ourselves, both on Earth and in space? Or would our divisions be our downfall? "

Hahahah. Ahh that was good. It almost makes me wonder if they thought that was a real question…Hahahah. Ahh that was good. It almost makes me wonder if they thought that was a real question…[..]

You'll be surprised then. :D Unfortunately any alien invasion in the next couple years will be encountered with almost zero resistance as current Earth mainstream military power - that the fighter pilots and ground personnel around the world are trained for - is complete junk and utterly ineffective against any force that travels galaxies and decides to invade. Maybe humanity on the surface had a chance if the invading aliens were those semi-advanced Tall Whites residing in Indian Springs with US gov. aid & housing, as Charles Hall reported their ships required frequent repair, if we can believe his books, the Millennial Hospitality series.

However, if we examine the tech of the evil aliens, who abduct people and mutilate cattle around the world, then no: current Earth military has absolutely no chance against them, as we are Neanderthals compared to Grey / Lizard tech.

In a similar manner, even WW2 Nazis acquired (and perfected since then) way more advanced saucer technology, than Earth's current junk rocket-based jet-propulsion tech, that still haunts all militaries with the completely trash fighter jets being the mainstream currently.

Just look at how helpless the US Air Force was against the secret Deep State Tic-Tac UFO tech, that the Navy must have acquired, as their officers swooped down way too fast on helicopters to confiscate any hi-res recordings of the encounter.

Even if the superpowers have reverse-engineered saucers on their "Area-51"-style bases, still those must be very few in number, especially with few trained pilots and how many of those saucers are fight capable against an invading alien force that is able to cover our entire planet's atmosphere with their attack craft?

Last edited:
Games fully funded with a lot with extra cash to spare.:celebrate:
$119,814 of it's $20,000 goal.
Yes the news-bit said it was funded but I wanted to share the amount.:p

Back
Top Bottom