Last game(s) you bought

Out of curiosity I purchased Freedom Fighters, since I've seen some online activity regarding it. Apparently it's a cult classic. But I couldn't make it more than 30 mins into it. The gameplay/mechanics/shoot are pretty bad. IO obviously reused the Hitman 2 engine, but that one excelled at stealth, and not action/shooting.

But what really got me was the hilariously bad plot about America being invaded by the Russians. And I can't tell if it's making fun of the subject. It certainly seems to be taking itself very seriously. :p

Had to refund it, as I don't think I have time for this sort of crap. I guess you had to have played it back in 2003. It did not age well at all.

Baldur's Gate 3. Haven't touched it yet, and don't intend to until release. But was surprised it already has almost 3000 reviews on steam. And plenty of mainstream reviews. It's almost like it's not early access.
Welcome to the new norm as the saying goes.:biggrin:

I prefer the old way of developing and playing games but times are changing. Don't know if crowdfunding and Early Access were a good idea, or a bad idea anymore.:(

Baldur's Gate 3. Haven't touched it yet, and don't intend to until release. But was surprised it already has almost 3000 reviews on steam. And plenty of mainstream reviews. It's almost like it's not early access.

It's pathological, some peoples' need to "review" games the instant they can post one. "I'm disappointed, idk, am I alone?" they comment in Steam discussions 5 seconds after the game launches. "Masterpiece, best game ever" they post as they wait for it to load for the first time.

It's some kind of weird competition culture thing coming from people who apparently don't actually understand competition at all. It's that same stupid mentality that leads some to post "first" on everything.

Bought one of Jowood's RPG compilation DVDs (used), which includes Arx Fatalis, Archangel and Gorasul. Difficult to find in easy to install DVD version.

I now have 3 of Jowoods RPG compilation DVDs: Gothic universe, Spellforce 2 and Dungeon Lords (CE), and this one.

porcozaur now owns Cyberpunk 2077

wohoo :party2:
Don't you mean you pre-ordered it?

Otherwise you're a pirate or using the console leak.:p

:excited:

edit now to find something to play til then, maybe the sale from tomorrow will help me, but im not in the mood for anything

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 62
Don't you mean you pre-ordered it?

Otherwise you're a pirate or using the console leak.:p

Or maybe he now owns the CP2077 IP, who knows?

Last game I actually purchased with real money was Left 4 Dead a few weeks ago. It was on sale for, like, $2. Last game I got through legitimate means was 2 days ago: Elite Dangerous from the Epic Store. It was free so I reasoned, "Why the hell not?" even if it's slightly unlikely I'll ever play it.

Back
Top Bottom