Grim Dawn - Forgotten Gods Gameplay

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new trailer for Grim Dawn expansion Forgotten Gods shows off some gameplay.

Another epic chapter of Grim Dawn's story awaits! Journey beyond the bounds of the Erulan Empire, traversing burning sands, lush oases and volcanic wastes to unearth secrets that should never have been disturbed in the Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Gameplay Trailer.

Learn more at -

http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/about/forgottenGods.php
More information.

The expansion is almost ready for release.:celebrate:
With the expansion’s release fast approaching, we have many artistic treats in store for you. As you well know, the expansion is actively in playtesting. Last week, all of the expansion’s content was put to the test as the playtesters threw themselves at the final dungeon and its boss. Initial impressions are very positive! We can’t wait to get it into your hands soon, still on track for Q1 2019.

at 3.2k hrs of gameplay under my belt i don't know if it's a good or a bad thing.

Hands down my favorite ARPG since Diablo 2, and I am a sucker for the genre. I am glad I helped kickstart it.

Eager to start a new hardcore character and hope the launch is smooth. May Crate have the best of luck in their future endeavours.

Well, damn. They named their expansion the same as Mark Yohalem's upcoming game.

Hey y'all, long time lurker first time poster here, the ONLY ARPG for me, GD is got feeling playing it, the others simply don't (PoE looking at you) so looking forward to new content :) Going Paladin i think can't wait :D

Well, damn. They named their expansion the same as Mark Yohalem's upcoming game.
They had the name for over two years now. It's not a new. Anyway based on the link you shared the expansion is called Forgotten Gods the other game is Fallen Gods.

Not the same name.
Since this is the last expansion for Grim Dawn; I wonder what their next game will be - or maybe they will retire before it is released ?
Who knows but the game has been updated with new content for over five years already. You usually don't see this unless it's a online live service like Diablo III.

I'm not sure I will buy the extension and replay the game. I might be tempted if the new mastery allows for a competitive reflect build...

Quick little update update the release date is now March 2019.

The obligatory: Will they include fun moment-to-moment gameplay in this DLC - or is it another spreadsheet expansion? ;)

The obligatory: Will they include fun moment-to-moment gameplay in this DLC - or is it another spreadsheet expansion? ;)

What does moment to moment gameplay even mean? Diablo 3?

As in rushing cartoony, shiny, silly monsters full of colors, palettes and FXs directly from World of Warcraft? Having to be always online and contend with ping oscillations every 10 minutes? How about automatic status upgrades and meaningless dynamic skill trees? Now that's really tense moment to moment gameplay.

I have lost more than one hardcore Diablo 3 character due to online lag. Nevermind, the game's childish graphics and story didn't grab me anyway.

Give me Grim Dawn anytime. Much more interesting setting and gameplay mechanics IMO.

What does moment to moment gameplay even mean? Diablo 3?

As in rushing cartoony, shiny, silly monsters full of colors, palettes and FXs directly from World of Warcraft? Having to be always online and contend with ping oscillations every 10 minutes? How about automatic status upgrades and meaningless dynamic skill trees? Now that's really tense moment to moment gameplay.

I have lost more than one hardcore Diablo 3 character due to online lag. Nevermind, the game's childish graphics and story didn't grab me anyway.

Give me Grim Dawn anytime. Much more interesting setting and gameplay mechanics IMO.

You seem easily triggered.

As for your issue with art direction and why you'd be dense enough to play hardcore mode in an online game and complain that something happened that's always going to be a real risk (in a game you apparently can't stand - no less), I can't say. I'm not one to whine about getting wet when stepping into the rain.

But, yeah, Diablo 3 is a million times better in terms of moment-to-moment gameplay in my opinion.

As for the setting of Grim Dawn, I couldn't disagree more. It's about the most bland and dreary setting I've ever seen in a game like this. Heck, it's even worse than Path of Exile in that way, which is saying something.

But the mechanics are nice and - on some level - very superior to Diablo 3.

Too bad the moment-to-moment gameplay is crap.

That said, to each his own.

Hey y'all, long time lurker first time poster here, the ONLY ARPG for me, GD is got feeling playing it, the others simply don't (PoE looking at you) so looking forward to new content :) Going Paladin i think can't wait :D
Welcome! :)

As for your issue with art direction and why you'd be dense enough to play hardcore mode in an online game and complain that something happened that's always going to be a real risk (in a game you apparently can't stand - no less), I can't say. I'm not one to whine about getting wet when stepping into the rain.

But, yeah, Diablo 3 is a million times better in terms of moment-to-moment gameplay in my opinion.

As for the setting of Grim Dawn, I couldn't disagree more. It's about the most bland and dreary setting I've ever seen in a game like this. Heck, it's even worse than Path of Exile in that way, which is saying something.

Not triggered here Dart.

As for hardcore, it's the only way to play ARPGs in my opinion. Additionally, the option is there to be used; it's not my fault the servers sucked. It wasn't a problem on my end. I can't see how one would be dense in perusing and exploring one of the game's options. I never complained about my multiple hardcore deaths in Grim Dawn because they were always my fault.

Then again, what is this moment to moment gameplay? Being able to rush non stop and keep engaging enemies?

What did you expect you baited him with another uninformed post. Your getting as bad as the republicans in USA. Anyway whatever. Historically these folks have done pretty good meaty expansions. As for 'fun' moments well that depends on one cup of tea. For the type of game it is - it is pretty good but not everyone likes this sort of game. Your post is sort of a generic i've never played this game but i just gotta add my snotty comment.

at 3.2k hrs of gameplay under my belt i don't know if it's a good or a bad thing.

3.2k hours.... that... a very very long time.
Thats.. 133 days!

3.2k hours…. that… a very very long time.
Thats.. 133 days!

well i own and play gd since early days of early access, it's some years i'm playing it plus i'm not an interesting person hence the obscene amount of time i've sunk into it.

Back
Top Bottom