Details about Shining Resonance gameplay

ethancodes

Traveler
Hello! I am actually a game developer and have been working on an RPG, but unfortunately I recently ran across Shining Resonance Refrain and discovered that some of the mechanics are extremely close to my own. They most certainly had it first, but I am looking for some details to see if it is going to be a problem. The main thing I need to know about is how music relates to the game. I see that some characters use instrumental weapons. Does anybody have any details of what all these weapons can do, any backstory on why they use instruments as weapons? What is the power of music in their universe? Does music in general play a big part of the story, or just the fact that they use instruments to (I believe) talk to dragons or something? Any and all details would be great! Hoping someone has played this and knows what it's all about! Thanks!

You'll probably have better luck on the Steam boards. The game was released in Japan only and won't be here until summer. (Can't say I'm impressed by the combat video on YouTube.)

Worldwide PC release is set on July 10th:
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/shining-resonance-refrain-is-coming-to-the-pc-on-july-10th/
Unlike Zloth I don't care about combat much, but about controls and "mature" content.
If I hear Backspace is used for something by default and ijkl is trying to be mushrooms as several recent game ports do, the game will receive get off my property sign from me.
About "mature" content, the game contains partial nudity because OMG full nudity of cartoonish charaters is highly disturbing I guess. Meh.

It looks like standard Star Ocean type of fighting with music just the graphical representation of the special attacks:

You may like anything you want, but if I is not Inventory and J is not Journal, well, as I said above: get off my property.

Why would I?
They weren't released in 2018. and besides they support mouse.

2018 means the current year. When keymapping jungle was supposed to be cleared long ago. In a way I can remap inventory on I without thinking it'll ruin stupid mushrooms emulator and break the game.

Back
Top Bottom