Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory - Dev Video Diary - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory - Dev Video Diary

Default Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory - Dev Video Diary

August 23rd, 2019, 14:47
A developer diary video for Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory has been made available.

loading…

Lesquin, France, August 22, 2019 - As part of a special mission ordered by Friend Computer, our reporter was sent to Ireland to investigate Black Shamrock, the studio developing Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory, amidst rumours that one of the team could be guilty of treason…

As a Red clearance Troubleshooter, you have been granted access to the full video report. Many aspects of the game development were scrutinised: the passion for the Paranoia tone, the challenges of adapting a tabletop role-playing game into a video game, the combat system, the unique gameplay and, of course, the utmost happiness felt by everyone in the team!

But Citizen, Friend Computer noticed that one team member hesitated when asked. Don't forget, happiness is mandatory. Not being happy is tantamount to treason and traitors will be asked to report to the nearest extermination centre immediately.

Control a team of four Troubleshooters of dubious loyalty, who (mostly) obey orders from Friend Computer, a paranoid and irrational artificial intelligence. Inspired by classic CRPGs, the game is the first official adaptation of the cult role-playing game.

After checking with Friend Computer, we can confirm the game will release on 3 October 2019 on PC and later on consoles.
More information.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)

August 23rd, 2019, 20:54
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Happiness is mandatory.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

August 23rd, 2019, 21:55
I get a special shot of joy every time I see an update on this project!!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

August 24th, 2019, 01:56
Needed some smoking boots left in that guy's chair. There's been a DECIDED lack of smoking boots in this whole marketing push! Maybe they've got really special graphics for that and want to reveal the effect on release day?
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

August 24th, 2019, 20:37
This, this could be ok. Roy-G-BIV etc.

mat9813004

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

August 25th, 2019, 20:54
I really love the Paranoia RPG, but somehow, I don't feel it in this game. Well, I'll wait, see and hope that I'm just wrong.

Irian

Atheistic Pirate

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

August 25th, 2019, 22:26
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Happiness is mandatory.
You went to my school?
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory - Dev Video Diary