Matt Chat - Guido Henkel on Realms of Arkania

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Matt Barton continues his interview with Guido Henkel talking about Realms Of Arkania.

In this episode, the great Guido Henkel returns to talk about his greatest achievements: Realms of Arkania I and II. We also chat about his books, the art of writing good game manuals, and more.
More information.

I want this game to be made. Sadly, it doesn't look likely to happen via the current crowdfunding campaign.

I was really inspired by his talk about work on the old Realms of Arkania games. Man, the memories. That's what making RPGs is supposed to be all about, pains in the butt and all.

It's a great interview, but I really think that right now we've been over saturated with crowd funding campaigns. I suspect if this had been one of the early KS campaigns, it might have done much better. Now, there are just so many of them I tend to ignore any newsbit which even mentions KS.

Yes, I agree. He's done well in this KS campaign, but I suspect people are waiting for the initial KS wave to get released (PE, Wasteland 2, Planescape, etc).

Hopefully they'll still get it funded somehow, as I like his thoughts on RPGs and how to make a great one.

That's what I think too. Just bad timing for Guido. :(

Back
Top Bottom