Good Old Games - RPG Weekend

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Will they ever add PS:T?

What kind of game is Invictus, and has anyone here tried it? The screens look a bit RTS-y, but that could be said for some of the better party-based games as well.

I have a copy of it somewhere, but I haven't played it in so long I hardly remember anything about it. I seem to recall having greek heroes as the main characters, and then spending gold to enlist "mercenaries" (normal units), but without actually building bases and so on. It's more of a strategy game than an RPG in the way the game progresses, and units/combat is handled.

Beyond that, I can't help you I'm afraid. However, since I've forgotten all about it, it probably wasn't a great experience (I tend to replay games I like many times).

Ill do some research, the price is so low even without the discount that it might be worth checking out:)

Yeah, like I recently grabbed Hexplore based on a deal ... I'll probably grab Invictus just because of price. Already (re)-bought everything else on the list.

How was hexplore btw?

When I saw Simon 3d there I had to log in and write a review.

How was hexplore btw?

It is a cute medieval Diablo clone - and really deserves the title. I'll likely do a little write up for it here. Worth a few $ and not more.

By the way, TGC currently makes Simon 5 ...

I plan on buying some of these RPG's this weekend. I'd like to help you guys out by registering at GOG through your banner ad. But when I click on the banner, it just takes me to the main GOG page, not a registration page. It's as if I went there from my My Favorites bookmark. How is GOG going to know I'm associated with this site? If anyone can tell me how to do this correctly (and soon), that would be great. I don't want to miss out on the sale.

That is correct. From there you have to register (click on account login). If you register in that same session (don't visit any other websites), everything you buy from that point onwards, even if it is next month will earn us a small percentage.

I don't know for sure, but generally speaking it should be enough if you click the banner and make sure your browser accepts cookies and doesn't filter out the referer.

Register immediately and buy the stuff you want. It has to be in the same session.

Well, I purchased the following:

Arx Fatalis
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Gothic
Simon the Sorcerer
Simon the Sorcerer II
Stonekeep

Now I just need some time. Can you purchase that anywhere? :-/

Remember to download JemyM's FAQ before you start Gothic. Ignore the official manual.

There was a new player in the Gothic forum a while back - going through Gothic for the very first time. Truly one of the best RPG experiences I've ever had. In fact, I envy those who are about to embark on that journey for the first time.

I still enjoy it greatly when I replay it from time to time.

When I saw Simon 3d there I had to log in and write a review.

I heard bad things about it, I loved 1 and 2, so I did not want to ruin the simon universe by playing 3d, is it as bad as people say ?

Back
Top Bottom