Does anyone have a spare hard drive I could have?

If you use Nvidia Shadowplay with your new video card, it will record the footage in top quality, compressed in h264. You will have plenty of space to work with these videos. If you're running out of bandwidth and space, I assume you are using Fraps, and recording uncompressed?

This is what I use, Shadowplay, works perfectly and the files are small(ish).

Shadowplay is great, but I can't use it streaming.

Plays.TV gives me a black screen when recording some games, low audio and is generally buggy as heck. I just now realized that it's Raptr's GVR service with a new name. Didn't know that before.

So, I don't know what else to do. Is there another good, free recording software or something that I could look into? o_O

Shadowplay is great, but I can't use it streaming.

Plays.TV gives me a black screen when recording some games, low audio and is generally buggy as heck. I just now realized that it's Raptr's GVR service with a new name. Didn't know that before.

So, I don't know what else to do. Is there another good, free recording software or something that I could look into? o_O

Did you not get one with your video card software?

Ripper, you just may be a genius for posting that link!!

I have experimented with OBS in the past but got confused and gave up. Now I have spent some proper time tweaking it, and oh, my. Not only does it record in excellent quality, full HD, it has no real impact on the FPS so far, at least not in Elminage Gothic.

Also, it's actually letting me use my external Passport HDD to record to, without lag! That is what is blowing me away right now. I will have to continue to test it further, but if this allows me to record to my external drive, in 1080p 60fps with no lag, I may be in business here. :)

Ripper, you just may be a genius for posting that link!!

I have experimented with OBS in the past but got confused and gave up. Now I have spent some proper time tweaking it, and oh, my. Not only does it record in excellent quality, full HD, it has no real impact on the FPS so far, at least not in Elminage Gothic.

Also, it's actually letting me use my external Passport HDD to record to, without lag! That is what is blowing me away right now. I will have to continue to test it further, but if this allows me to record to my external drive, in 1080p 60fps with no lag, I may be in business here. :)

OR you could simple delete files that are older than a few months or weeks. Once they are posted there is really no need for them to be on your hard drive.

Glad it's working out for you. OBS is a nice project.

Does anyone have a spare hard drive I could have?
I have spare HDDs but am not giving them.
About a year back I gave my external 500Gb HDD to a friend because IMO he needed one desperately and he is the sort of a guy who hates to buy "gadgets" even if those will make a life easier. Plus it was his birthday. ;)

You Fluent, IMO, do not need it. There is one thing you need to do and it's to sell consoles.

I would accept a larger hard drive, but since I've been tinkering with OBS, I think I can make due with what I have.

It's not a perfect setup, but life isn't perfect. Hopefully I can still make the high quality videos I'd like to using this new program and continue bringing you guys the best quality videos I possibly can. =)

Back
Top Bottom