Expeditions: Conquistador - The Sequel

I think they improved the travel options later on. Was after I played through the game, so I can't give details. But I am sure they learnt their part.

I liked the game very much so I am looking forward to seeing the sequel.

During the Kickstarter campaign, the developers were actively involved with the community and they gave me a very good and professional impression, which was largely the reason why I pledged.

Despite the modest funding, a mere $70k+, they managed to create a good game and made very good use of limited means, such as e.g. text to present the story and characters. IMO an impressive feat, especially considering how other projects with significantly more generous fundings ended up struggling financially.

Last edited:
Great!!! Surprisingly (I don't like strategy/rpg hybrid) I loved the first one. The text adventures were glorious. Although, the overland map and travel were equally atrocious.
I don't remember those things being bad. What was your problem with it?

Your vision was very limited in addition you were unable to give longer movement orders.

So if you wanted to move from lets say the far east to the far west, you had to basically tell them every 50 meters where to go for the next 50 meters instead of just giving them the final destination.

At least that is how I remember it before it was improved.

Your vision was very limited in addition you were unable to give longer movement orders.

So if you wanted to move from lets say the far east to the far west, you had to basically tell them every 50 meters where to go for the next 50 meters instead of just giving them the final destination.

At least that is how I remember it before it was improved.
Wasn't your movement limited per day anyways and when you rested you had to keep your people supplied and safe?
What would you accomplish by wanting to move a lot more than you could per day.

Ah, and this was from the patchnotes of 1.4 which came after my let's play:

- Implemented the ability to set a long-distance path by clicking on a map icon! We're pretty stoked about that.

Ah, and this was from the patchnotes of 1.4 which came after my let's play:

- Implemented the ability to set a long-distance path by clicking on a map icon! We're pretty stoked about that.

I don't remember anymore under which patch I played but I don't remember having any movement issues. I just played it like HoMM and overland movement worked well.

I played the finished version as I buy it in a bundle sell (It was not my primary intent from this bundle and played it after I read numerous good reviews about it) .

Previously, I was referring to the pan limit of the overview camera and the increase height of the foliage (you cannot clearly see where you are going) that made the travel a bit of a chore.

I think a decrease of the foliage height and an implementation of a fog (instead of locking the camera movement) will do wonders. I think the Heroes of Might and Magic exploration is the golder standard here and it is a pity that they do not take this route.

Best gaming news I've heard in a while. First game was phenomenal, really looking forward to the sequel.

Didn't back the first one, but I would gladly back number 2. :)

:thumbsup:

Champlain was a real badass.

I know that Lovecraft lived in QC for a while and made a book about it called To Quebec and the stars.

In it he briefly talked about Champlain and said "It's pitiful that this man wasn't born English, and Protestant"

If you're talking about DFI funding, then nope.

Well that surprises me because when I backed the project I wondered how you guys got by, especially in an expensive city like Copenhagen.

You really have my admiration for going with such a niche but interesting setting though, like I said.

You remind me that I need to buy the Champlain biography by Hackett Fisher. :) It's supposed to be the best one about him.

Anyway, I think I would still back the Expeditions:Conquistador sequel even if it was placed in Disneyland. :D

Good news, I remember reading very positive reviews/impressions of this game and the tactical combat seemed really solid in the videos.

Anyone knows what is going on with their current game (that they are developing) called "Clandestine" which was announced in late 2013 and entered "Early Access" last year ?

Back
Top Bottom