But is it art?

Of course I was not trying to compare pibbur to famous artists from museums, as Alrik suggested.

I said that I had nothing to offer of my own as I have no skill in drawing or painting. So, I showed a painting that is a favorite of mine instead, as I appreciate art.

Anything pibbur does, such as that art he showed in the first post, is 1000 times better than I could do.

Ditto! Although for me a 1000 times worse would be very, very, very optimistic!

I was thinking about showing some of my own feeble attempts but I don´t know what image service to use anymore do any you have any tips that don´t involve me giving out more than an email

Last edited:
I was thinking about showing some of my own feeble attempts but I don´t know what image service to use anymore do any you have any tips that don´t involve me giving out more than an email

You can upload pictures to your account here. That's what I do.

A pibbur who looks forward to see mprod's mpro… eh…production.

I tend to use https://postimages.org/

There's no signups, and it has a nice resize-on-upload feature that's handy for stopping forum images looming too large.

picture.php

This is a selfportrait i did a long time ago just before I was going in for heartsurgery which I didn´t know if I would survive and a few years before I got fat

I think this is an excellent picture. The emotional aspect is strong, I get the feeling of severe despair and pain. It actually makes watching it a bit uncomfortable, and I mean that as a compliment. Well done.

What technique have you used?

If you allow me, I have a few comments. The small size and the limit of visible grey levels probably don't do the picture justice, so some of my points may be irrelevant. And of course, I am an amateur, so some of the things may be wrong.

1. It seems like the light comes from high up on the slightly right side. I would have expected some highlights also on the nose, possibly also on the right part of the forehead, and on the left shoulder. (Unless the light beam is narrow).
  2. The transition between the right shoulder and torso seems a bit too sharp (too dark).
  3. The left part of the thorax and left shoulder is a bit flat.
  4. And finally: What is the dark oblique slab on the front of the thorax?

These are minor issues, and is meant as suggestions, not critisizm. Excellent work.

This picture is from a long time ago. Do you still make pictures? I think you should (if you want to, of course),

a pibbur who hopes to see more work from the mprod

… Anything pibbur does, such as that art he showed in the first post, is 1000 times better than I could do.

Ditto! Although for me a 1000 times worse would be very, very, very optimistic!

I disagree. Most people can learn to draw quite well. If they want to. And are willing (have the patience) to practice seriously (and correctly, some guidance could be useful).

a pibbur who did things considerably worse when he started drawing/painting as an adult.

Last edited:
It´s an oilpainting I made using a photo as reference
The picture of it is taken quite some time ago with a not very good digital camera so the original is not quite as dark and has more detail

I just found some old pictures on a backup drive and thought it could be fun to post

picture.php

picture.php

Some manipulated photos I did at about the same time
The reproductions probably suffer from the same shortcomings as the previous one although I sold these so I´m not quite sure anymore

Well I used to dabble in comic style art in my youth, but its been years. I might be able to dig up some posters I did, but I'll have to go through a bunch of old boxes.

Back
Top Bottom