Things you don't need to know… - Page 105 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Things you don't need to know…

Default Things you don't need to know…

December 15th, 2020, 12:29
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
… I seriously hope I live to see a holographic room like Star Trek. I'll die happily. …
Spoiler – Dif-tor heh smusma

--
Over the mountain watching the watcher

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

December 16th, 2020, 13:39
Originally Posted by a pibbur View Post
Princess Diana was a victim of fake news about Charles back then, which means that the divorce was a tragic mistake.

According to the front page of a magazine documenting the story of the lives of well-known (but not necessarily by me) people. I suppose more details were available inside, but sad to say, I only saw the front page, and didn't bother to verify references..

an incarnation of pibbur who observes that said magazine can be read for free in (some) dentists' waiting rooms (when waiting for the dentist), but not in these corona times.
To be honest, I don't understand. what is the point of raising these topics. The princess died many years ago and just another discussion of her personal life, problems, etc. don't make any sense. This will not bring a person back and will not correct possible mistakes of the past.

Challenger007

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 16th, 2020, 23:24
I sure didn’t need to know that reaction.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)

December 17th, 2020, 00:57
One of our tabloids is named The Daily Express, but was known for quite a long time as The Daily Ex-Princess, on account of their great excitement for conspiracy-theory headlines about the unfortunate demise.
--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)

December 17th, 2020, 10:15
This is a thread about useless information, which includes trivial knowledge, geek stuff that may (or maybe not) be interesting to some of us, but of minor practical use to most of us. And completely ridiculous information, included to make fun of it. This particular post was meant as an example of that. Sad to say it didn't come across as clearly as intended. Anyhow, I don't want to confuse or offend anybody, so I deleted the post.
--
Last edited by a pibbur; December 17th, 2020 at 18:54.

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

+1:

December 17th, 2020, 12:16

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

December 17th, 2020, 13:39
From where I am looking at it, there was no need to do that Pibbur. You explained the purpose of this thread very well and that post fitted the purpose of this thread.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)

December 17th, 2020, 13:42
This is a thread about useless information, which includes trivial knowledge, geek stuff that may (or maybe noefot) be interesting to some oof us, but of minor practical use to most of us. And completely ridiculous information, included to make fun of it. This particular post was meant as an example of that. Sad to say it didn't come across as clearly as intended. Anyhow, I don't want to confuse or offend anybody, so I deleted the post.
No need to delete the post pibbur.

Your posts are always interesting even if I don't respond to them.
I read.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

December 19th, 2020, 14:48
Useless information … Hm …
There you go !
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

January 3rd, 2021, 12:32
I just noticed that the Piranha bytes subforum has by far the most threads of them all (1300 vs <400 for the other devs/franchises). Does that mean that we love Piranha the most? I wouldn't oppose that conclusion.

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

January 5th, 2021, 10:38
In 1976, Steve Jobs wanted Commodore to buy the Apple II and to hire him with Steve Wozniak. But he was asking for a very high price and Jack Tramiel tried to get a low price by first refusing, misjudging the potential. There are a few variations depending on who's telling the story, but if that deal had gone further, we would have had 2 big early PC companies instead of 3: Commodore and Tandy Radio Shack.

It's also without counting Mike Markkula, who wanted to having his own computer and invested in the two Steves. But still, it was close and makes one wonder how it would be today.

Instead, the Apple II and the Commodore PET were shown at the WCCF in 1997, and the TRS-80 was launched a little later the same year. Crazy times

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

January 5th, 2021, 14:04
Especially for the ripper and the corwin (and everyone else): My cat continues to teach me about my computer:

https://www.codeproject.com/Messages…ut-my-computer

he who is not here at the moment
--
Last edited by a pibbur; January 5th, 2021 at 14:23.

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

January 5th, 2021, 14:58
I use Excel a lot. If you want some Excel tips, just PM me

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

January 6th, 2021, 00:12
I guess we now have 102 things to do with a dead cat!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
+1:

January 6th, 2021, 09:58
From another discussion on Codeproject, this one about several aspects of coffee devices: https://www.codeproject.com/Messages…ffee-of-course

I especially direct you to how to make schnaps which seems to be a combination of coffee and C2H5OH:

Schnaps comes in three strengths:
  1. The weak: You place a coin the the cup, pour coffee until you no longer can see the coin, then add spirit until you again can see the coin.
  2. The medium strength: You place a sugar cube in the cup, pour coffee until you no longer can see the sugar cube, then add spirit until you again can see the sugar cube.
  3. The strong: You place a coin in the cup and pour spirit until you no longer can see the coin.

For option 3, I recommend gin.

The thread also contains other potentially useless info about said devices.

he who (officially) is not here.

PS. A related subject: How to make coffee (from a Lucky Luke magazine): To make good coffee, suspend 1/2 kg coffee into a bit of water. Make it boil for 2 hours, then throw in a horse shoe. If the shoe sinks, add more coffee.
DS.
--
Last edited by a pibbur; January 6th, 2021 at 10:10.

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

January 7th, 2021, 00:43
When you say coffee, are you referring to that abomination known as 'instant' coffee, are do you mean the REAL thing made from freshly ground beans?
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)

January 7th, 2021, 02:42
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
When you say coffee, are you referring to that abomination known as 'instant' coffee, are do you mean the REAL thing made from freshly ground beans?
@RealCoffeeBeans.
--

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

+1:

January 7th, 2021, 11:03
PS. A related subject: How to make coffee (from a Lucky Luke magazine): To make good coffee, suspend 1/2 kg coffee into a bit of water. Make it boil for 2 hours, then throw in a horse shoe. If the shoe sinks, add more coffee.
DS.
I suspect that's how Archimedes discovered the eponymous principle, except he didn't have a horseshoe, all he had was a gold crown…

(PS: yes, I know that's not how it happened)

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
+1:

January 14th, 2021, 10:58
A despicable piece of news from CBSS:

Retired mathematician fixes bikes for hundreds without charging a dime
loading…

Nice if it was true, but it's obviously not. Fake news. Why? BECAUSE HIS WORKSHOP IS TIDY! Believe me - THAT NEVER HAPPENS!

an incarnation of pibbur who knows this from experience

PS. The report doesn't say anything about what his mathematical interests were, and I couldn't find anything on google. But since he's now (allegedly) dedicating his life to practical tasks, I assume it can't be pure mathematics. DS
--

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

January 14th, 2021, 14:29
Finally we've got some irrelevant information from ozzieland (not Osborne) again, although, sorry to say, it's not connected to the favourite sports down under, such as water-polo or the-shortest-distance-between-you-and-dangerous-animals competitions,
But. Australian bowler Shane Warne claimed that he had "nightmares" at the thought of bowling to Sachin Tendulka. Which is a bit strange, since mr Tendulka is mainly interested in throwing things at people standing in front of peculiarly arranged (like Stonehenge) pieces of wood.

Marry

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Things you don't need to know…