Things you don't need to know...

That''s a very pretty peachy snake. I hope it finds a nice home. :)

That would be in snake heaven, for obvious reasons.

pibbur who, also for obvious reasons, given the species, isn't entirely sure if such a place exists..

Interesting little fillm:

pibbur who, being quite shy, considers moving to some of these places.

Awesome video, pibbur. Thanks for sharing. :) I might have to check out those courses they offer at the end. Sounds pretty interesting.

Stairway to hell? Photoshop?

96129e148e0a41382ce0f6d788ac168d.jpg

How about no - it's Stockholm underground decoration!
http://architizer.com/blog/art-enters-the-underground-stockholms-tunnelbana/

:thumbup: for anyone who made this.

Nice, joxer.

This is from the Lærdal Tunnel in Norway. At 24 km it's supposed to be the longest road tunnel in the world. There are 3 "caves" with decorations inside, to break the monotony:

Lærdalstunnelen_Norway.JPG

pibbur who has been there

Norway recently passed Antigua and Barbuda on the Fifa-ranking of national football teams, which means that we has ascended to 83rd position. FYI: By "football" I mean football.

Strange that we're ranked so low, after all we did beat San Marino a few months ago.

pibbur who realizes that some people may find it even stranger that we were ranked as number 2 for a (short) while back in '93.

Did you know that …Colin de Grandhomme's performance of six wickets for 41 runs is the best by any New Zealander on Test debut?

Did you know? Didn't think so (it's unknowable). Or something like that.
Did you get it? Didn't think so (it's ungettable). Or something.
Did you check? Didn't think so (it's uncheckable) Or....

pibbur who also found it to be uncareable until he realized that phrase has a very different meaning than he initially thought.

@joxer: Good one!!! A really good one!!! :)

pibbur who has died significantly more than 43 times in games.

BBC's ten best stories in 2016:
http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20161219-here-are-bbc-earths-ten-best-stories-of-2016

Except yet another "let's blame nature and not european mass murderers" on Maya extinction, the rest of it is IMO well worth the read. Even if it doesn't offer answers, articles are well written and full of info.

My favorite - Tunguska obviously nuclear explosion tried to be explained with anything else because we must not admit such explosion is possible before WW2 as it'd bring out more questions. Just like historians claim Mayans didn't use wheel at all, just like made_by_cretin film Apocalypto that is a pure insult to intelligence, whereas toys with wheels do exist and are a subject in art books.

I bet everyone except me watched Titanic.
While I knew how it sank before the movie was in the plans, some people learned it through the movie.

Seems history might need some corrections, although you don't need to know that:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ork-southampton-sink-april-1912-a7504236.html

Just when you think there is no reason to make another Titanic movie. I bet it'll be imdb's most anticipated movie of 2018.

Spying, sniffing, telemetry, selling private data (TM)Facebook...
No I'm not talking about bloody phones.

According to GlobalWebIndex, 30% of internet audience are using some sort of VPN, and it's most popular in Turkey:
https://www.globalwebindex.net/blog/turkey-leads-for-vpn-usa

Thanks to win10 datagathering where still unsure if I managed to disable all of it, I'm seriously thinking to subscribe on some VPN service.
But you don't need to know any of this, because, look, you don't want to miss social network Bioware's onliners honeypot.

The next major windows upgrade (Windows Creator) is said to make it more clear what is gathered, and easier to configure. According to www.digi.no (norwegian).

pibbur who certainly wants to miss (avoid) social networking.

Spying, sniffing, telemetry, selling private data (TM)Facebook…
No I'm not talking about bloody phones.

According to GlobalWebIndex, 30% of internet audience are using some sort of VPN, and it's most popular in Turkey:
https://www.globalwebindex.net/blog/turkey-leads-for-vpn-usa

Thanks to win10 datagathering where still unsure if I managed to disable all of it, I'm seriously thinking to subscribe on some VPN service.
But you don't need to know any of this, because, look, you don't want to miss social network Bioware's onliners honeypot.

A VPN will do you no good against an OS that's snooping on you - the OS knows your real IP, can connect it to your VPN IP, and also identifies you by a unique token that MS assigns to you.

The VPN can help to protect you from advertising, Google and Facebook trackers, etc, but you also need to configure your browser securely. If a tracker can run javascript in your browser, it is trivial to discover your real IP address. On top of all that, we have to contend with browser fingerprinting. I'm afraid many people have a false sense of security in this regard.

Back
Top Bottom