Skyrim Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

XxEMxX_HeadShot

Traveler
List of things you wanna see in Skyrim, and a list of things you dont want in Skyrim.

I Want:
-Hand placed loot
-Reasons (beyond simply seeing the sights) to explore every nook and cranny
-An interactive game world beyond just setting off traps
-A UI for the PC that makes good use of the increased screen resolution, mouse, & keyboard
-Tooltips for all UI icons
-Books to provide perks, such as boosting a stat or initiating a quest
-NPC dialog to be interesting and motivating
-Weather and day/time to have gameplay meaning such as certain quests are obtainable/completeable at certain times of the day or NPCs duck for cover when it rains
-I want at least some locales that have that 'far and away' appeal to them - no quick or easy way to get there (or get back)

I Don't Want:
-To rely on an in-game quest pointer to inform me where I need to go - all that kind of information should be part of the NPC dialog or quest journal entry
-Silly mini-games
-Horses to be so awkward to use that I just choose not to use them at all

-Books to provide perks, such as boosting a stat or initiating a quest

Yes, but make them rare. Not like Fallout 3, where there were skill books just laying around everywhere.

+1 for hand-placed loot. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like we're getting that.

What do yous guys mean by hand placed loot? Do you mean like in Oblivion how you could drop something then drag it around with the Z key? Because they're sure to have that.

I would like to see slow level progression but I'm out of luck because it's confirmed it's going to be even quicker than Oblivion.

I'd like to see some kind of hardcore mode where you have to eat, drink and sleep and it's much harder to heal yourself.

I'd like to see an alternative to fast travel, which there is I believe, so that's good.

I'd like an option to turn off quest pointers and point of interest markers on the compass, but still be able to find quest locations be either descriptions from NPCs or the tried and true "let me mark it on your map."

And I hope to god there are numerous, attractive face presets because otherwise it will be hours after getting the game that I can actually start playing it.

I'd like some kind of limit on your ability to heal yourself during combat (like having heal spells and health potions take some time to raise your health, or having to actually take out a bottle and drink it) so you can't just spam potions during a fight.

I'd like something to spend my gold on, both in terms of shops and in terms of needing gold for quests and things.

I'd like to see topless nord tavern wenches.

What I hope we don't see is permanent enchantment glow, bandits in daedric armour, Oblivion's chase camera (the weird way it would sluggishy swing around), over abundant monsters (like a mob spawning every few meters so you're just fighting constantly, dungeons respawning too quickly, and auto health regen. God anything but auto health regen! And an over abundance of loot making it too easy to get rich too quickly.

What do yous guys mean by hand placed loot? Do you mean like in Oblivion how you could drop something then drag it around with the Z key? Because they're sure to have that.

We mean loot that is hand placed in the game world by the developers, instead of being randomized by the game engine and level scaled.

I'd like to see topless nord tavern wenches.

Indeed. :)

Back
Top Bottom