ME DLC costs on Origin

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
As promised in the other thread I'm showing you what Origin, in fact EA, is doing to fans.

A few days ago, MEs were on sale on Origin, I can't remember all prices, but the package called ME Trilogy (all three games) was 30€. Trilogy pack, as stated, also gives this:
PLEASE NOTE: Mass Effect Trilogy includes Mass Effect Pinnacle Station and Bring Down the Sky
Pinnacle Station, when bought separately costs 5€. On PC, Bring Down the Sky is free however. Those are DLC for ME (first game).

Regular price of this pack is 50€, so it looks as a nice bargain, right?
Well… Not exactly.

DLC for ME2 and ME3 is not all free. Not just that but I can't remember Origin put that on sale ever. Some of DLC is free, I won't show all of those, but let's see the prices on those DLC that are not free. As screenshots from within Origin malware.
ME2: http://i47.tinypic.com/qrhwrr.jpg
ME3: http://i49.tinypic.com/jq0unc.jpg

Calculated in that fraudulent currency, assuming you want the full experience and all DLC, that's 3440 (for ME2) + 4480 (for ME3) = 7920 of so called Bioware Points.

Of course, the bank or exchange office is the Origin malware. No, you can't exchange your national currency in a legal bank or exchange office, you MUST use the malware for the conversion. Avoiding taxes and money laundry by Origin, or probably EA(C)(R)(TM) patented con art means that for 100 Bioware points you have to pay (currently though) 1€:
http://store.origin.com/store/eaeme...ildCategoryID.59474400/sort.name/direction.up

No you can't buy actually 100 Bioware points, you may buy either 800 (and pay 8€) or 1600 (and pay 16€). Assuming you want all DLC, you need to buy 8000 Bioware points. That's 5*1600 Bioware points, in fact 5*16€=80€.

Yes, you pay 80€! For just a few hours long a few DLC! And a package of dozens of hours long three full games on sale were 30€. Where's the logic?

After you get everything you'll be left with useless 80 Bioware points not possible to use anywhere else as there will be no more ME series DLC. That's an additional part of the fraud which brings more meaning to microtransactions, imagine a sum they can get when million of DLC buyers gives them 0.80€ and gets nothing for it except some nonexisting crap called Bioware points in amount of 80).

Now, may I remind you that EA promised a free game to all that preordered SimCity because of the launching disaster? Of course they'll give a free game, they can give them all for free anyway since the real cash is being grabbed on overexpensive DLC!

Yes, I despise EA. I can't even describe the feeling in my stomach when I see "EA" written somewhere. Their milking schemes are IMO worse than ebay "sandwich Britney Spears chewed" frauds.
But don't get me wrong. I'm still buying their games. Just games. Any kind of DLC they can stick into their *choose yourself what goes here*.

Why would you buy all the DLCs? Only Lair of the Shadow Broker is worth it and that only if you like Liara as a character...

Good question. Why would I? Why would anyone? Still, it's selling like a cure for cancer. Both are something that doesn't exist in reality, both are a fraud and both are unbelievably expensive.

You're acting as if they're being forced upon you.

I agree that they're overpriced, but none of them are crucial to the main games.

I'm not actually acting like that. This is a protest on prices, on monopol, on buying nonexisting currency fraud. It's not a protest on some force, there is no force involved anywhere in this matter. Except… If I've written all of this on EA forum, it wouldn't surprise me that my Origin account gets banned permanently.

I typically buy all the DLC available for a game. It's typically at a premium price, but I can live with that. I'd rather have EA and others have their own storefronts available where they can set their own prices than just give all my money to Steam all the time.

Huh? So you'd rather have less options and pay more?

I'd rather have more viable storefronts than just one even if to do so I have to pay more on occasion.

It's not really a issue to rage over. It's fine. People and companies have the right to charge what they want and distribute their product how they want. I don't agree with controlling what someone does with it after they've bought it though. But that's another story for another time. I'll concede the buying points to pay is crap and is only done for the simple reason of it's easier for people to spend points than dollars. The exchange rate screwing is just tough shit I reckon unless enough people vote with their wallets.

I still haven't got answer for my question........ so how much is this stupid citadel DLC in AUD?? >.>

I would look at up but I'm at work >.>

I still haven't got answer for my question…….. so how much is this stupid citadel DLC in AUD?? >.>

I would look at up but I'm at work >.>

It cost $15 in us currency. So covert it into AUD you get 14.59. I don't know how much tax to include or inflation.

Of course, the bank or exchange office is the Origin malware. No, you can't exchange your national currency in a legal bank or exchange office, you MUST use the malware for the conversion.

If I ever manage to develop my own game, I should call it "Malware".
THEN, people are FORCED to use Malware if they want to play my game ! Muahaha !

ROTFL

No, a malware is a piece of software that's running in the system presumably doing nothing and in fact you don't know what is it doing at all and why it's set to start automatically by default since you don't use it all the time.

In case of your game, well… It's a game. Not some lurking AI that, sorry for paranoic thoughts, that perhaps is spying on what you're doing all day long, sniffs your passwords and records keypresses on entering your credit card data and then informs EA on your behavior. Oh, it doesn't do that? Really? Prove it. Besides, if it doesn't spy on you, wtf is it doing all that time when you're not playing EA games?

Someone could mention a similar thing called uPlay but if we dig more, there is a big difference between Ubisoft and EA. uPlay isn't set to start by default but activates only when you're going to play a game DRMed with uPlay.
This of course doesn't mean uPlay is great, it's not, it sucks and it's a crap strategy when it comes to singleplayer games. But at least it's not a suspicious piece of software, you know why is it there, what exactly it's used for and it's not "hidden" in tray while you're not playing Ubisoft's games.

Time to resurrect this.

After almost one year Bioware points were still not on sale anywhere, some priced on ME DLC changed and whatnot.

However, there are some news I want to share.

First of all, I don't care for nor want horse armor DLC. If you love stuff like alternate appearance to give some fancy clothes to your pardie, feel free to buy it. Also have to add that ME1 gives Bring Down the Sky for free and Pinnacle Station is not moneylaundry scheme but you can buy it with legit currency, so we're left with ME2 and ME3.

Assuming most of us want only missions DLC for ME2 and ME3 on PC (there are free or bundled DLC on consoles) and want to buy enough Bioware points for only mission DLC, the list is as appearing in Origin:

ME2:
Genesis - interactive comic book to make ME1 choices - they charge 320 BP for that crap?
Arrival - an assignment - 560 BP
Alternate appearance pack 2 - Miranda's butt never looked fancier - 160 BP
Lair of the Shadow Broker - a mission - 800 BP
Firepower pack - OP weapons - 160 BP
Aegis pack - OP aniper and 5 armor parts - 160 BP
Overlord pack - 4 assignments - 560 BP
Equalizer pack - OP armor set - 160 BP
Kasumi - 2 missions and a squadmate - 560 BP
Alternate appearance pack 1 - Garus' different looking butt, puhlease - 160 BP

ME3:
Alternate appearance pack 1 - :rolleyes: - 160 BP
Genesis 2 - make ME2 choices like you didn't play it ever - 320 BP
Leviathan - 10 missions of probably cut out content from the game - 800 BP
Citadel - 17 missions - 1200 BP
Groundside resistance pack - OP weapons - 160 BP
Omega - 5 missions - 1200 BP
Fireflight pack - OP weapons - 160 BP
From Ashes - essential and probably cut out mission/squadmate - 800 BP

—-

To sum that up:
ME2 DLC: 560+800+560+560=2480
ME3 DLC: 800+1200+1200+800=4000
TOTAL = 2460+4000=6460

And 4*1600=6400 so one must go away. Which one?
Let's see what ppl on Bio boards say:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/15234678/1
Worst or second worst is Arrival? Okay. kicked out.

To wrap up the story. I've bought 4 packs of 1600 Bioware Points on this site:
http://www.go2arena.com/bioware-1600-points.html

For sum of 53€ which is 10 less than if I bought on Origin, as I really don't think Biopoints will ever go on sale since DA3 and ME4 are coming and DLC in those two will also use biopoints for sure.
Per instructions on go2arena, I've entered codes received 10 mins after the order in my mailbox not in Origin but on Bioware site and on account management it states as it should 6400 Bioware points.

Soon I'll replay the whole saga. With additional stories.

The g2a site looks suspicious? I don't care really, this is not the first time I've bought something there and never had any problems.

It's still extremely expensive to be honest. Even though I own it all already, I'd probably buy a bundle if they ever released one because it's so much hassle to install all the ME2 DLCs one by one. It will never happen though, which is just plain silly.

Anyway, Arrival isn't particularly good, no, but it is essential to bridge the gap between ME2 and ME3, so I'd advice you to read up on what takes place there if you're not going to play through it.

I still haven't played any ME DLC that didn't come bundled with the games. As it's never really on sale, I just don't buy it.

But EA is not the only company with such a strategy, although they seem to be the worst in this regard. I have been waiting on a 75% off on Skyrim DLC for quite some time now.

Skyrim and the dlcs (dragonborn, dawnguard and heartfire) have been on sale on steam quite many times.

Skyrim and the dlcs (dragonborn, dawnguard and heartfire) have been on sale on steam quite many times.

Yup, 50% off, but not 75% off like the base game. I think they had 75% off for Dawnguard sometime in 2012, but not afterwards. For example, during the last sale, the Legendary Edition sold cheaper than the DLC alone, with discounts.

You're right to wait for the price drop for Dawnguard. It is not worth it's price and -75% is pretty much fair. The only fun content inside is aetherium wars substory - the mystery and the OP reward you can get from it are top notch. Everything else is a pain in the arse and not worth your time, a 5 year old kid would design those other things in that DLC better.

Dragonborn however is worth every penny, I dare to say it's better than Skyrim itself and you shouldn't wait for a sale but should buy it and play it this very moment.

Back
Top Bottom