Drakensang [Release] The Eye of the Goddess

Lord Demon

Watcher
Finally the time has come. We have finished the English version of our Drakensang mod "Das Auge der Göttin/The Eye of the Goddess".

New adventures in the world of Drakensang

Malgorra is defeated, Umbracor is free at last. But the next adventure is already waiting. When they return to Ferdok the heroes are engaged to take an escaped villain into custody. During their search they give a merchant a helping hand and suddenly events go out of control. Who is this mysterious one-eyed man who doesn't even hesitate to murder a Devotee of Praios and what sinister plans does he pursue? What's the matter with Archmage Rakoriums mysterious researches? Is there a connection between the researches and the parts of the figurine which falls into the heroes' hands?

The Mod "Eye of the Goddess" starts directly after the main game and and sends the player on a new journey across the Kosh to experience new adventures and to discover new secrets.

Features:

- ca. 20 - 30 Hours of Gameplay
- Fast-Travel Points
- 272 New Quests
- 250 New, Fully-Voiced Dialogues (in German)
- Regrowing Herbs
- Cookies
- Fixed broken loot tables

** Installation **

To play the English version of the Mod Drakensang has to be on the highest available patch-level (1.03).
Patches must be installed before installing the mod.

Additionally you need a savegame on Drakensang Mountain. Installation is not possible if other savegames are used.
It is advisable to choose a savegame during the final battle against Malgorra.

To install the mod unpack the archive and doubleclick on dadg_install_en.exe and confirm the following message with Yes.
After that choose a suitable savegame and wait until the installation progress has finished.

Hint: You shouldn't use Autosave, Quicksave and Continue savegames.

The installer creates backups of the original databases. Please don't delete them, they are needed to uninstall the mod. The patched savegames can't be used after uninstallation anymore.

Our testers and we made every effort to fix all errors. Nevertheless it might be possible that you encounter problems during playing. You will use the mod at your own risk. We assume no liability.

One more tip: save often and use different savegames. That makes bugfixing a lot easier.

If you have got questions, encounter problems or want to express your opinion please contact us here:

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/forums/243-DSA-Spiele
http://www.crystals-dsa-foren.de/
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Important: Please don't send us any PMs. We can't afford individual support due to time reasons.

Please note: If you have left out any quests during the main game you might encounter strange or inconsistent situations, even Drakensang might crash.

Download

One last request. Since we are no native English speakers it is quite possible that there are some mistakes to be found. We would appreciate any correction from your side.

New Version 1.1.2 now available

This new version of the Drakensang Mod The Eye of the Goddess fixes two minor errors which might occur and adds some more improvements concerning certain quests. Furthermore Dranor and Innkeeper Peeblebeer are now now fully voiced.

Changelog 1.1.2
  • Added questmarker for Arom
  • Increased maximum level to 22 Removed typos
  • Added Quest for missed traveller in Moorbridge
  • Removed crash durrin apple game with Dwarf Triplet
  • Quest Mactaleänata can only be completed, if both novices of Hesinde are found
  • Added missing descriptions for some effects
  • Added takes for Innkeeper Peeblebeer
  • Dranor is now completely voiced

Download

Thanks for the mod. Thought that modding for this died.

Still hoping that someone can port the last german patch for the english version...One can dream, right?!

No, it didn't die. We've already started to develop our next modding project.

The most difficult and time-consuming thing to port the last German patch for the English version ist to find all the new text entries and translate them into German. The rest ist easily done.

to find all the new text entries and translate them into German.

You meant to translate them into English… :)

Changelog 1.1.2
  • Added questmarker for Arom
  • Increased maximum level to 22 Removed typos
  • Added Quest for missed traveller in Moorbridge
  • Removed crash durrin apple game with Dwarf Triplet
  • Quest Mactaleänata can only be completed, if both novices of Hesinde are found
  • Added missing descriptions for some effects
  • Added takes for Innkeeper Peeblebeer
  • Dranor is now completely voiced

Good work, Lord Demon!

2 questions:
- Of all those quests… is most of them from the main story or are there some bigger side quests too?
- How many of your quests are inspired by original game (approximately) and how many are completely different? By saying "inspired by original" I mean quests of the same or similar type… for example if you play with dwarf triplet a game again - its inspired by original game (its understandable you used them for it). Or new robbery for thieves guild - again similar to original game. How many NPCs have quests that are very different from original game?

Well, yes, I suppose I meant translate them to English. :blush:

There is one big side quest with a numer of subquests and there are quite a lot of smaller ones. There's not one main quest, we decided to divide in several quests.

Almost all quests are totally new and not inspired by the original game. Otherwise it would have been just a repetition and that's only boring. And that makes Drakensang modding even harder. The games you play with the dwarf triplet are completely different from their original game and there is also no new robbery for the thieves guild. Of course, during the mod you will enter the thieves guild again, but what you will experience a totally new adventure.

There's a Let's Play of our mod on youtube. Maybe you want to have a look at it. Then you can get an impression of the mod.

I've been playing this mod for a bit now and talking about my progess on the Drakensang Steam Forum.

So I've advanced fairly far, broke up the smuggling ring, been chasing the one-eyed bad guy all over and finally trapped him in his Ritual Cave by the Sliver Falls.

So fight, win, explore more of the cave. So far so good, you eventually trip a trap and your whole party, save you turns into chickens. Well you finally find a Lab, books and a recipe to change them back.

Now I've had to use the German YouTube walkthrough video's these last couple of spots as things weren't very clear so after coming up with the chicken problem I used them to figure out what to do.

- First you need to be an Alchemist. No Problem there's a book in the cave that will teach you.
- Now you learn the reciepe, Talent needed is 5 (but you get Alchemist +2 gloves so that cuts it down to 3) So if you don't have a store of AP's to spend that could be a problem!
- Now you need the ingredients. Well there are various chest's etc… scattered around to loot. So you better hope you have the room in your inventory. Make sure you loot EVERYTHING.
- Looks like there's enough stuff in the room to change back 3 people, but if you're running the large party mod you'll need to bring some extra in.

So lucky I had an Auto Save before I even entered the Ritual Cave, so back to the city to gather up a few more ingredients (I'm running the larger party mod) I'll need to advance the story line.

Interesting point: when I first went through it I got a quest about my party turning into chickens and then it updated in the lab cave, but when I tried it this last time I didn't, didn't stop me from changing my people back, just no quest to do it.

My hat's off to the German Mod's that came up with this mod. Overall it's very good, has a few minor spots that aren't the best.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warning Nebless.:handshake:

5 boss fights later and I'm still trapped in the cave. Only thing I can figure is the lack of getting the 'your party is a bunch of chickens' and the update to learn how to change them back is stopping the story line from advancing.

Yes they turn into chickens, yes I can change them back, but without the quest I'm stuck in the cave with no way out. The exit just won't engage.

SUCCESS!!!

So once again a outside the cave reload, 2 more boss fights (on one hand I've gotten to see just how random boss fights can be after doing all of these). This time I did a quick save prior to opening the 'turn them into chickens' chest.

Found out A) it doesn't matter if the trap on the chest goes off or is disarmed and B) who opens it seems to matter.

I had to go through having each of my party open and claim what was in the chest to FINALLY get the 'your party is a bunch of chickens' quest to trigger and show up (interestingly it wasn't the same party member that got the quest to open the first time. Random or did a glitch finally clear?). Once I got that, doing the next steps to open the exit was no problem.

On with the show!

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't see your post. We didn' get much feedback to the English version of our mod, so it is possible that there are still some bugs. A savegame would be very helpful if you run into a bug.

You have to read the alchemist's diary before you can leave the cave. Perhaps you didn't do that.

Hum does this work with the first or second drakensang game ? I think one of them was on a defunct download site (maybe direct2drive or something like that from the early days - acutally I think I got it on stardock and they then exited and sold to someone who sold to someone who merged with someone who shut it down). Might still have the second game (or maybe i swapped the first game with the second game). One of them I have on disk.

You have to read the alchemist's diary before you can leave the cave. Perhaps you didn't do that.

I was doing that each and every time. The real problem was when I opened the chest in the non-lab room and claimed the item inside, my party would turn into chickens, but the Quest 'Your Party is Now Chickens - but they know to follow you' would not activate.

It did the first time around, but I didn't have all the ingredient's I needed for my extra party member so I reloaded, got what I needed and then went back in. After going back in the Chicken Quest wasn't activating, but finally did on about the 7th try.

Once the First quest activated then using the alchemist diary updated it allowing me to finish the quest and leave.

As you said, a few bugs. You might want to check the Steam Drakensang Forums for my thread 'Eye of the Goddess' to see the other things that might or might not have worked as you intended.

This mod is for the first game; Drakensang: The Dark Eye. You can get the mod here or at www.moddb.com. The link here takes you to a German site which is the one I used.

Lord Demon -

Any chance of a Quest List & Quest Givers so those of us playing the mod can make sure we get them all?

Any chance of a Quest List & Quest Givers so those of us playing the mod can make sure we get them all?

Yes, you can find a list of quests and quest givers here. It's in German but if you have any questions,just ask.

Could you please post a link to your Eye of the goddess thread?

Here it is 9 months since I started and I finished the Mod and Beat It! On an average I played 2 - 4 hours a day so it's not a short mod by any stretch of the imagination.

I had the game set at Normal, but I'd put all the fights added in by the Mod at the Difficult level. If you want a challenge this will give it to you much more than the base game did.

Some of the quests aren't the most fun, but all in all a well done Mod that's enjoyable.

Could you tell me which quests you didn't like?. I'm just curious.

Collecting items for the Merchant Danko, collecting items for the Troll's and A Dwarfish Delicacy, although there weren't as many items for the Dwarf one so atleast it was shorter.

Most of Danko's items could atleast be found in Fredok so that wasn't really bad, but the troll one makes you revisit all of the merchants in the world trying to find the items.

I'm not sure I'd say 'disliked', tedious might be a better word. On the whole 'fetch' quests in any game are kind of a pain.

I must say I'm glad you made the Mod as it was fun continuing my adventure.

Last edited:
Hello, i'm trying to play the mod but i'm having some troubles. I followed the instructions and installed the English Mod. I open the game and the screen is changed, but after defeating Malgorra it just goes to the End Credits istead of starting the Mod. Did i do something wrong? The game version is correct and i chose as my savefile one in front of the Hearth (Before starting Malgorra's battle). I would really love to play this mod, looking for help!

Back
Top Bottom