Torchlight III - Trailer for Echonok

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a new in-game trailer for Torchlight III that showcases Echonok.

Perfect World Entertainment has released a brand new in-game trailer for its latest action hack n slash RPG, Torchlight 3. This new trailer showcases Echonok which is the third and final area in the game.

[...]

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

my impression is torchlight had a timing success .. that they didnt understand properly. and kept riding it into the ground.
my interest ranged from 15% to 0%

my impression is torchlight had a timing success .. that they didnt understand properly. and kept riding it into the ground.
my interest ranged from 15% to 0%

The original Torchlight was definitely a timing success. It was never what I wanted through, too cartoony and felt like all the edges had been rounded off.

The problem with games trying to "reach a wider audience" is that they start trying to simplify or go in a direction that frequently is counter to what the core audience wants. Now your can customize your fort. Pretty sure that's not what fans of the ARPG genre most wanted.

The AlpaccaLama & pets addition kept me watching for a lil' while longer than instantly closing the video.

I recently got T2 for cheap. It's enjoyable. But man, the menus... it's like they felt they had to fill the entire screen with... everything. The menus are so hard to read and navigate. It's painful.

Why the dislike for T3? It looks serviceable. I like a cartoonish game sometimes. The entire Diablo model of games is cartoonish in its very soul. Murdering literally thousands of enemies in one session, gathering hundreds of pieces of loot. The very core of these games is a cartoon version of dungeon exploration.

I haven't been following T3 development. Actually, I have barely been following CRPG news at all these days. Why the hate on this one?

No boss monster then? Just a rogue-like with the main novelty being steampunky bots.

I recently replayed Torchlight 1, and found it about the same as before: fun for a while then a tedious grind.

Back
Top Bottom